Photo

I found this game for sale in Kmart today..

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Slammers

Slammers

Neowinian

• 1,215 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:41

Just before the last Kmart here closed down last year they had a huge sale. I cheked out the electronics department it was all pretty standard kmart affair untill I saw they had a brand new Dreamcast for $600 NZ. Couldn't help but laugh I have a photo of it somewhere.
**** now I think about it that may be a collectors item being brand new....

#17 Jason Stillion

Jason Stillion

Neowinian

• 1,457 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:49

Kmart has great deals at times, picked up PS3 eye dirt cheap, they were getting rid of it.

Worked at Wal-mart, they had old stuff priced at msrp that should of been clearanced down a long time ago as well.

#18 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

• 2,711 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:12

whenever i go to k-mart i always buy something because i feel bad. I remember it before walmart. It was awesome. When they called a blue light there was a stampede of women to that aisle to buy what ever they had. Today the stores are dirty and empty with average items and average prices. It's barely a shadow of what it used to be.

I remember that blue light specials and people would run to go see what it was. You are right..now it is a shell of what it used to me.

#19 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,425 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 13:34

Kmart has great deals at times, picked up PS3 eye dirt cheap, they were getting rid of it.

Worked at Wal-mart, they had old stuff priced at msrp that should of been clearanced down a long time ago as well.

Like Tabula Rasa kit after the game shut down at ours? haha

#20 OP Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

• 3,758 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 15:48

whenever i go to k-mart i always buy something because i feel bad. I remember it before walmart. It was awesome. When they called a blue light there was a stampede of women to that aisle to buy what ever they had. Today the stores are dirty and empty with average items and average prices. It's barely a shadow of what it used to be.

That sums up my experience perfectly. I remember about 20 years ago Kmart was the place to shop in town, now its pretty much a pariah. The tile floor was cracked and broken in many places and there was an overall old, dirty feel to the entire store. Nothing about the place has changed in decades. In the same timespan Walmart has moved to two new locations here.

They also had a ton of copies of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. No copies of the original or any other expansions, just Wrath of the Lich King.

And it's not like they didn't have anything new, they had new titles for 360 and PS3 like Doom 3: BFG on the shelves so I just don't get what's going on with their stocking system.

#21 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,173 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1u1

Posted 29 October 2012 - 15:51

and the label says Saints Row :p

#22 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 29 October 2012 - 15:58

*yawn* let me know if they have BATTLETOADS

#23 Aergan

Aergan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,484 posts
  • OS: Windows 8.1 Pro | Xubuntu | OSX Yosemite| Server 2012 R2 | Ubuntu Server
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

Posted 29 October 2012 - 20:19

If they were brand new, boxed/sealed you might actually get a good price for them on ebay. Especially really popular or rare titles.

Good advice, not applicable to this game though - or any Madden game for that matter!

#24 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,696 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 29 October 2012 - 20:39

i worked at kmart back in 2001 in electronics. they still had NES and SNES games in the back.

If they were brand new, boxed/sealed you might actually get a good price for them on ebay. Especially really popular or rare titles.

Good advice, not applicable to this game though - or any Madden game for that matter!

Wasn't talking about this game, dude.

#25 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 6,111 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 20:42

If it was Ogre Battle i would gladly pay 30$ for it brand new and sealed.