Question about Win 8

I just installed Win 8 Pro, due to the fact that, it was 39.99 versus the regular price.

Is it me or, if an app doesn't load snappy the first time, It looks like win8 adjusts and makes itself faster with your apps.

I play IMVU with my wife, it is heavy with regards to python and it loaded really slow, I left the room and upon reentering the room, Win8 adjusted (it appears) and now IMVU is freakin fast.

is this a feature of win8 an ability to adjust apps to be faster or respond faster?

This is NOT the win8 I saw during the preview version. wow!

I take back what I said about it before. I did the upgrade not clean install because I have alot of my landscape photos like; I didn't want to lose.

665376_10151223883193678_229277229_o.jpg

You mean you have all your pictures and files and documents on the same partition as the operating system? Bro, that's a bad practice. But yeah, Windows 8 will get faster as time goes on. I've found that to be the case. Nice photo! You should have your data on a separate partition or drive. That way you can do a clean install, which would probably result in Windows 8 running even faster.

I will create another partition. yeah it was dumb.

@syobon999 I was asking, is this a feature of win8 that it adjusts itself to make programs run smoother? IMVU started all jacked up at first, however, the next try it smoothed out as it was loading and narry a problem since

Also Chrome was sluggish and weird at first but now it's rockin in the free world. oh yeah

http://youtu.be/PdiCJUysIT0

I usually recommend picking up a secondary drive and storing all the user files there. The reason being that even if something goes south you can always pull out that drive and make sure you don't accidentally overwrite it when you go to reinstall or something.

I just pull my drives out each time I go to install a new OS, and then plug them back in after. Makes it much harder to make a mistake that way. :)

I do a ton of Python development and everything works fine on Win8 for me.. both Python 3.3 and 2.7.. (even iPython and my web notebooks et all work fast!)

Also, i'm not sure how/why you would lose your photos?? i did upgrades on all of my machines and not a single problem..

I do a ton of Python development and everything works fine on Win8 for me.. both Python 3.3 and 2.7.. (even iPython and my web notebooks et all work fast!)

Also, i'm not sure how/why you would lose your photos?? i did upgrades on all of my machines and not a single problem..

Chris is storing all the photos on the system drive & partition. If something goes wrong it could all be lost. That's why they were worried.

That's why we mentioned getting a separate HD or at least a separate partition.

I take back what I said about it before. I did the upgrade not clean install because I have alot of my landscape photos like; I didn't want to lose.

A clean install is always best. Any time I do an upgrade I run into small annoyances.