Toddler Tastes Used Condom

This happened in December 2011 at the day care which is part of the Head Start program run by the Jacksonville Urban League on Ionia Street. It is also the site of the city?s Robert F. Kennedy Community Center and Park. This incident has resulted in an entire year?s worth of fear and worry for her mother that the child has a sexually transmitted disease or possibly HIV because the condom tested positive for gonorrhea and it can take up to a year for these kinds of diseases to show up.

The child?s mom, Tiesha Sanders, was there on the playground that day and saw what happened. Now, she?s hired an attorney and plans to sue the Jacksonville Urban League because she says she wants to make sure other children won?t be exposed to the same danger that has changed her daughter?s life.

"I just really didn't want that to happen to my baby,? said Sanders. ?If it happens to my daughter, it can happen to yours."

During an interview with Channel 4 anchor and reporter Adrienne Moore, Sanders cried while talking about that morning at the day care. She says she brought her daughter there and watched as she ran toward the slide and a group of children.

?I lift up my head and I saw her put something in her mouth and I was like, ?get that out of your mouth!? And someone said see what she had in her mouth and that's when I found out she had a condom in her mouth," explained Sanders.

After grabbing her daughter from the slide area, Sanders washed her mouth out with water and says she then called the Centers for Disease Control. After that, she says she took her to the emergency room at Baptist Medical Center where she not only had her little girl checked out, but had that condom tested too.

"The first test was the condom and it tested positive for a form of gonorrhea,? said Richard Alexander, Sanders? attorney.

more

^ what Brandon said...but still...that is UBER nasty! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x Especially when it's one of the first things you read...gross.

Nasty? Yes. Lawsuit? No, unless they can demonstrate reckless disregard for public safety (which seems unlikely).

snip

OMG, I almost fell out of my chair laughing! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! XD

Now, she?s hired an attorney and plans to sue the Jacksonville Urban League because she says she wants to make sure other children won?t be exposed ....

Now she wants to make sure she can line her pockets with $$$$$ :rolleyes:

A lawsuit isn't going to stop people from throwing used condoms on the ground.

That's a terrible thing that to have happen, but if anyone is at fault it is the mother for not watching her child more closely.

^ I say we sue Mom.