I am sick of the Windows 95 comparisons, Win 8 is far away from the glory o

I'm just sick of windows 8 catch phrases period. I love windows 8, but if I have to hear windows 8 is windows re-imagined one more time I'll go insane (sadly, I have to hear it at work everyday).

So, everyone wants a big monitor, and then complain about all the ergonomic issues that result? Why not increase your DPI? I have a 22 inch monitor, and my DPI is set at 125%.

You fundamentally don't understand. It has nothing to do with font size or PPI. It is a matter of spatial orientation. Humans have a bias toward a limited horizontal and infinite vertical when it comes to content. Metro.v2 simply does not align with our biology on large screens.

Humans have a bias toward a limited horizontal and infinite vertical when it comes to content. Metro.v2 simply does not align with our biology on large screens.

Same. I'd really like too see them shrink the horizontal and vertical space around the edges and allow us to have more tiles on the screen. Little mini tiles like WP8 would be nice too. :)

I will never use Windows 8. I see no reason to.

Agreed ! If I want to play around with touch screen toys I'll use with my Galaxy s3 or Asus Transformer. For my big boy work I'll stick with Windows 7

The direction MS is going is no different then car companies or any other product. MS employs 80,000 to 90,000 people (Shane probably knows exactly since he works on campus) and they have to pay peoples salaries so they can pay their mortgages. We see car companies put out newer model cars every year even though there was nothing wrong with the previous year. We see new cell phones coming out about every 6 months-Do we bitch about our old phones that work perfectly fine or do we take our sorry asses up to the mall and upgrade and extend our contracts for another two years. Why do we do this. My point is MS is going to put out a new OS every couple years no matter if the previous OS sucked or was a huge success. Business as usual

Little mini tiles like WP8 would be nice too. :)

I do find it funny that Win8 is soo WP7 in that regard...yet lacks a non-sorting grid. I still can't wrap my mind around that missing choice either.

Why would you use the word never? So you are saying 3 years from now when your pc breaks, (notice I said when and not if) what you are going to out of your way to try and find a pc with windows 95 or 98 or whatever you use because your needs don't seem to change. I bet you still have the same video and music collection you had in the 90s too!? Well because you seem no reason to right? So many internet martyrs who think they can affect the market with their dumb ideas of what they "need" and "can" not will pay for.

What makes you think my PC will break? I take very good care of it. If if it were to break, I would fix it. I would also put Windows 7 back on it if I had to.

What makes you think my PC will break? I take very good care of it. If if it were to break, I would fix it. I would also put Windows 7 back on it if I had to.

Wait why are you using windows 7? I thought winxp would be perfect enough for what you need!? Be sure to come back to this post 7+ years from now while you still use windows 7. lol

Wait why are you using windows 7? I thought winxp would be perfect enough for what you need!? Be sure to come back to this post 7+ years from now while you still use windows 7. lol

Nope. I'll bet that the majority of techies who skip windows8 will move to 9 once MS realizes their error and fixes things.

I'm just sick of windows 8 catch phrases period. I love windows 8, but if I have to hear windows 8 is windows re-imagined one more time I'll go insane (sadly, I have to hear it at work everyday).

Have you hear the one about Windows 8 being Windows re-imagined?

Oh.....sorry about that. See you at the funny farm. :p

I don't know if it's just me, but it feels to me that the thread created by OP is comparing other previous build of Windows to Windows 8?

Funny how people are complaining about Metro, like they have to use it. Also for the last number of Windows that's been released people complained about it pretty much always looking the same. They wanted something different, a new look to Windows. Microsoft gave us just that and now people are complaining about it and wanting just the old desktop.

If a app or a few apps comes out for Windows 8 and they turn out to be BIG hits, many of those complaining will rush out and buy Windows 8.

I don't see Angry Birds on here at all... Just saying. If you're that ****ed off, why not go out and develop a killer app?

If I wanted to write apps to make my OS usable I'd be running Linux... Just saying...

Nope. I'll bet that the majority of techies who skip windows8 will move to 9 once MS realizes their error and fixes things.

Oh boy...

If I wanted to write apps to make my OS usable I'd be running Linux... Just saying...

So in other words you just wanted to complain and don't really have anything to add...Just saying...

I mean seriously you work for a Mobile App Dev firm...so Windows 8 should be something you would target since it's pretty much going to be a HUGE mobile platform considering mobile generally refers to small form factor like tablets, phones, etc.

You'd have the WP8, WinRT, and Win8 markets that you could target. Heck you could target all 3 very easily with pretty much the same code.