HTC 8X will be the MOST popular WP8

With the release of Windows Phone 8 on the horizon, only one version of the phone will be on all the big carrier and it's the HTC Windows Phone 8X. The main reason it will be the most popular WP8 because every big carrier will have it. Even though the Nokia Lumia 920 is the it or best phone to get, ATT will be the only carrier will have it at launch and people will not switch their carrier to the Lumia 920 with it's PureView. Lumia is not an iPhone. With that said, 8X will have the highest PPI than any other WP8 and it's colorfully design it's a sure winner for a lot of people who is going to upgrade from WP7.5 to WP8 or one of those crappy Android phones. The only big downside is not that internal storage but the lack of microSD that none of the high end WP8 will have.

Anyway what's your thought on this?

250x270_1.png250x270_3.png250x270_4.png

Their is one other downside of the 8X is that it will have Beats Audio in it which is just a marketing scam.

I see the 8x is getting good reviews and I also think that the exclusivity deals that Nokia have done will hurt them. Also, the 8x appears to be priced quite competitively which could help it.

Having said all that, I'll be getting an unlocked Lumia 920. It just looks better, has better apps and features and the letterboxing of WP7 apps that is visible in the 8x reviews looks silly.

I kinda agree with you OP. What I think is... either the HTC Windows Phone 8X will fly, or the entire Windows Phone 8 ecosystem will sink along with it. We don't need another Windows Phone 7 (a disaster). I'd prefer the Lumina 920 but we have four phones on Verizon and we're not about to switch carriers. My renewal comes up in March.

BTW, beats audio IS a gimmick on crappy headphones (for the price), but I've found that my one device with that labeling does have a very good audio system onboard, including the headphone amplifier and speakers. Whatever else it lacks my HP Touchpad (all have beats audio) has better speakers than any other tablet even today.

I think the 8X will be very popular if not the most popular W8P, I can't wait for Nov to get it.

Having said all that, I'll be getting an unlocked Lumia 920.

what carrier are you planning to use it on?

if the HTC were big like 4.5-8 it would be a no brainer.

so sick of this carrier nonsense... people should just buy a phone, pick a network, and be done with that mess... not this exclusives and contracts and other BS!!!

i think i would prefer a nokia.

the point is that HTC already on all platforms, and win8 won't be a big selling for them, as the biggest will still be android. Nokia pointed all their $ on windows, that means they will do everything they can to make it right. that include software updates, etc. HTC won't do as much as nokia will.

it's a bet, but i think nokia will do better than htc at supporting windows phone.

so sick of this carrier nonsense... people should just buy a phone, pick a network, and be done with that mess... not this exclusives and contracts and other BS!!!

Well contrary to popular belief, a contract phone is cheaper over the lifetime than a non contract phone. well. if the base price of the phone is above 250-300$ anyway(Actually a bit higher, but if I do a direct /10 conversion from NOK, which is the real value after you apply the 25% VAT and the higher price in Norway due to higher pay and such, /10 is where it usually ends up).

Of course in Norway, consumers can only be locked into a contract for 12 months, none of that stupid 24 or 36 month nonsense you have over there.

Well contrary to popular belief, a contract phone is cheaper over the lifetime than a non contract phone. well. if the base price of the phone is above 250-300$ anyway(Actually a bit higher, but if I do a direct /10 conversion from NOK, which is the real value after you apply the 25% VAT and the higher price in Norway due to higher pay and such, /10 is where it usually ends up).

Of course in Norway, consumers can only be locked into a contract for 12 months, none of that stupid 24 or 36 month nonsense you have over there.

I wouldn't mind a 12mo with true unlimited data... not this puny wussy 2GB cap BS that I would blow thru in a week. US carriers suck

If I couldn't get a Lumia 920 the 8X would of course be my 2nd choice. I see it priced unlocked for 500euros which is a good price I'd say.

I see the 8x is getting good reviews and I also think that the exclusivity deals that Nokia have done will hurt them. Also, the 8x appears to be priced quite competitively which could help it.

Having said all that, I'll be getting an unlocked Lumia 920. It just looks better, has better apps and features and the letterboxing of WP7 apps that is visible in the 8x reviews looks silly.

Not to mention navigation - all reviews are mentioning that there is no built-in turn by turn navigation in WP8. Nokia is a clear winner just on that one feature.

I wouldn't mind a 12mo with true unlimited data... not this puny wussy 2GB cap BS that I would blow thru in a week. US carriers suck

what

the hell do you actually use your phone for, torrenting...

Not to mention navigation - all reviews are mentioning that there is no built-in turn by turn navigation in WP8. Nokia is a clear winner just on that one feature.

I've seen that too and find it a bit surprising as I was under the impression that Nokia Drive was coming to all Windows Phones. I've noted that many of the reviewers seem a bit confused about this though and I read somewhere that more information is expected later in the week.

I don't remember them saying anything about Nokia Drive the app going to other phones, MS did say Nokia Maps data will. I think using the Maps API and data from Nokia etc you could get some turn-by-turn navigation going.

I just ordered an unlocked HTC 8X in Black (added an official Blue cover case) and should arrive in a week. Upgrading my LG Optimus 7 from WP launch.

I was very tempted by the Lumia 920 but the one thing that made hesitate was how almost all the reviews and comparisons talked about its dimensions and weight. It has a better camera and wireless charging, but the praise about the design and feel of the 8X sold me out.

I agree with the OP in that being available with almost all carriers should make the 8X the most popular WP8 device from the start.

I want a Windows Phone 8 device and the 8X is much better priced for me compared to the 920. It has very similar features and while it's clearly not as amazing, it still is a great phone.

Yeah carrier exclusives are frustrating but still plenty of options to buy it unlocked if need be. Will be interesting to see what happens with the States then given that its on all networks vs the lumias one at launch.

Eitherway im getting an 8X, the lumia looks like a lovely device but the 8Xs 4.3" screen and the weight that comes at is perfect for me, the cheaper price doesn't hurt either.

If Verizon doesn't carry the Lumia 920 then I will get the 8x. I just hope I can open it up and replace the SD card with a 32 GB one, like I did with my Trophy. I can't upgrade until May, though, so there is still plenty of time for Verizon to get some different brands/models in stock.