Microsoft Email services down?

I'm currently unable to log in to live.com, hotmail.com, or outlook.com. My Outlook desktop client is also currenlty not connecting to my Hotmail account properly. Seems to me like server issues. Is anyone else having trouble today? Could it be related to Hurricane Sandy?

Oh, and it's not a passowrd issue. After trying to log in for a few seconds, I get a "Something went wrong and we can't sign you in right now. Please try again later."

working fine and dandy for me, osuwildlifer. (Y)

works for me, i had problems with gmail and facebook just a little while ago, i wouldn't be surprised if the internet has routing issues/re-routing with the east coast getting hammered.. probably data center failovers and site shutdown while edge networks re-route and crap like that.

Ok, thanks all for the replies. It's sorted now, although I can't say that I'm pleased with how. As it turns out, it was a password issue. I went through the steps to reset my password, and now I can access things again normally.

This is pretty frustrating, because none of the error messages I received before said anything at all about a password problem. They simply said "Something went wrong and we can't sign you in right now. Please try again later." If my password had expired, why not tell me it's expired and prompt me to change it?

And further, how is it that my cell phone continued to receive pushed email messages if the stored password it was using had expired? Why didn't my Hotmail app on the phone prompt me to reset it?

Does anyone else use the setting on your Live account to force your password to expire every 72 days? And if so, do you get prompted to change it or does it just lock you out after it expires?

• 2 weeks later...

Office 365 is having a major outage right now lasted at least 4 hours so far. Main forum for outage is http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/160/p/75529/287720.aspx#287720 - 10's of thousands of email accounts are down. There are also reports of SharePoint and other services having problems. Services are coming online then dropping with many different errors. This includes Office 365, Exchange Online, Sharepoint and others.

Mobile, Client and owa are all up and down. Seems to effect server ending with 10 or 11.

Yeah, my workplace has been affected by this O-365 outage today. Connectivity has been questionable at best. So much for their 99.9% advertised uptime... we've had several spotty outages since starting our program a few months ago.