iPad 4 Jailbreak is Illegal in USA

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 Nogib

Nogib

Neowinian

• Phone: LG Nexus 5

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:45

Does anyone really care about the DMCA? I know I certainly haven't and never will.

#32 kevpan815

kevpan815

Apple Developer Program + Ubuntu Tester

• Phone: Apple IPhone 5 Running IOS 6.1 Beta 3!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:50

What I just don't get is why people even bother JB'ing, IT VOIDS YOUR WARRENTY.

#33 ArialBlue

ArialBlue

var lulz;

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:55

Buy domain and hosting outside of US & host jailbreak there.

#34 Beavis71cox

Beavis71cox

Neowinian

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:30

So since I bought my car I should be able to run red lights and stop signs and occasionally run people over. Who cares about laws, I paid for the car so I can do what I want with it.

That is just ridiculous............here is THAT specific analogy as it should be: "should be able to run red lights and occasionally run people over" "bought my iPad so I should be able to throw it around in a crowded room and occasionally hit people over the head with it".................."so since I just bought my car, I should be able to change out the engine, mess with the software settings cause I'm finetuning it, paint it, customize it.".......yes, you should, and are able to do ALL that because you own it........same with ANY tablet.......you bought it, you own it..........I can do all those things with a pc and a laptop, so why can't I do that with my tablet

#35 Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:35

Didn't DMCA announce we are allowed to jailbreak our iPhones, just not our iPads?

I have never seen a bricked iPhone, and all you have to do is restore before you take it to Apple.

#36 Beavis71cox

Beavis71cox

Neowinian

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:37

Some people, like ME, dont care about warranties..........I've never used any Apple warranty ANYWAYS! And I've owned 15 iOS devices.! And warranties are only good for protecting hardware, not software. I'm a programmer, and I've never seen software ruin a pie e of hardware. And bricking doesnt "ruin" the hardware.......if you had access and could erase the problem that cause the brick in the first place, you'd still be able to use it. But Corps don't like to give out tools like that.

#37 Azusa

Azusa

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:58

There is a simple answer to all this just don't buy i<what ever product>.

#38 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Android

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:17

Nilay Patel over at The Verge explained that you are all overreacting, the ruling says that there is no need for a specific exception for tablets because they already are covered under the mobile device clause that allows jailbreaking/rooting

#39 Jaybot

Jaybot

Enthusiast

• Phone: iPhone 6 Plus

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:31

Posted Image

It's funny how people think they are entitled to things these days. The first response here mentions "a simple series of mouse clicks is all that stands between you and incarceration". Well a simple pull of a trigger of a gun pointed at another human is all that stands between the same outcome. Doesn't matter how small the action is, its what the action is, that counts.

Hacking/cracking software or hardware against the intent of the design is illegal if they don't want you doing it. You buy the product with terms attached that you WONT do it (Unauthorized modification of your iPhone software violates the software license agreement.).

Stealing software is illegal. Stealing music is illegal. I'm gonna laugh at the response of all the 'entitled' when that blanket of privacy on the internet gets lifted and the hammer starts coming down.

"But everyone else does it!"

It's kind of a sad state of affairs these days. Get a job and buy stuff. Want customization on a phone? Buy an android.

Meh... whatever. Deaf ears.

lol.

Posted Image

#40 p1p3

p1p3

Out of print

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:21

There is so much missinformation going around, have a look at this

#41 Eddie7

Eddie7

Hallo... www.connectw.me

• Phone: 1-800-CALL-ME-MAYBE

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:23

lmao @ apple. what fools

#42 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• Phone: Xperia Z3

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:44

So since I bought my car I should be able to run red lights and stop signs and occasionally run people over. Who cares about laws, I paid for the car so I can do what I want with it.

No but you'd expect to be able to change things like the stereo without being sent to jail by Ford?

It's funny how people think they are entitled to things these days. The first response here mentions "a simple series of mouse clicks is all that stands between you and incarceration". Well a simple pull of a trigger of a gun pointed at another human is all that stands between the same outcome. Doesn't matter how small the action is, its what the action is, that counts.

Hacking/cracking software or hardware against the intent of the design is illegal if they don't want you doing it. You buy the product with terms attached that you WONT do it (Unauthorized modification of your iPhone software violates the software license agreement.).

Stealing software is illegal. Stealing music is illegal. I'm gonna laugh at the response of all the 'entitled' when that blanket of privacy on the internet gets lifted and the hammer starts coming down.

"But everyone else does it!"

It's kind of a sad state of affairs these days. Get a job and buy stuff. Want customization on a phone? Buy an android.

Meh... whatever. Deaf ears.

Yes I feel that if I lay down that kind of money on a device, I am entitled to modify it. Ive always jailbroken my iDevices, I did it to get themes and wallpapers before iOS 4. Now I do it for themes and the ability to change system sounds etc. Doesn't matter now as I've switched to Android. And what agreement is this? You don't sign anything when you buy an iPad or iPhone. You pay for it and leave.

#43 Sikh

Sikh

Neowin Addict!

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nexus 5 PA 4.4.2 / iPhone 5

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:54

lmao @ apple. what fools

Your a fool. Read the below that I quoted from the person above you.

People like you are the reasons the internet is full with people who dont know what they hell they are talking about.

There is so much missinformation going around, have a look at this

#44 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• Phone: Android

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:06

Frankly, it's these companies Apple, and carriers (Tmobile, Sprint, etc..) that make people want to jail break their phones. It's your phone you pay for service and your phone can do things that your carrier wants to charge you for. You pay for internet, and your phone can tether, why should you have to pay extra to do so. That's not fair nor is it right. It's like tax on tax.

#45 Eddie7

Eddie7

Hallo... www.connectw.me

• Phone: 1-800-CALL-ME-MAYBE

Posted 15 December 2012 - 21:32

Your a fool. Read the below that I quoted from the person above you.

People like you are the reasons the internet is full with people who dont know what they hell they are talking about.

OMG can I please have your signature apple fanboy?