• Phone: Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-i9205

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:19

User error I'd say. :shifty:

#17 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

I'm sorry, do you still exist?

• Phone: Stock LG Nexus 5

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:23

I've had the bug on my Xperia S (ICS Stock and Cyanogen) and Xperia Arc (GB), friend has it on Xperia P (GB). It's also mentioned on other forums for other phones, the issue is when using third party chargers/leads it seems they can overcharge and cause issues.

http://forums.androi...g-keyboard.html

http://forums.androi...e-charging.html

http://www.droidxfor...ging-issue.html

I've also been using Android devices for quite a while and not once heard of this issue. However, looking at your experiences it sounds like this is a Sony related issue and not an "Android" one.

As for the issue itself, I'd also recommend factory resetting the device.

#18 AbandonedTrolley

AbandonedTrolley

Dexter Freak

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:07

I've also been using Android devices for quite a while and not once heard of this issue. However, looking at your experiences it sounds like this is a Sony related issue and not an "Android" one.

As for the issue itself, I'd also recommend factory resetting the device.

Whilst my experiences have been on Sony devices those links in my post show that it's apparent on other makes too. So yes it is a known issue regarding Android devices under certain circumstances.

#19 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

I'm sorry, do you still exist?

• Phone: Stock LG Nexus 5

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:16

Whilst my experiences have been on Sony devices those links in my post show that it's apparent on other makes too. So yes it is a known issue regarding Android devices under certain circumstances.

Overlooking the fact that you've used all Sony devices, all of those links you posted are from over a year ago (one of them nearly 2) and one of them had no responses at all. I'd hardly call that a common Android issue. Seems rather isolated actually.

Regardless, I'm not saying no one has ever experienced it. Just pointing out it is not actually common.

#20 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:36

There is something weird with my ASUS Transformer & using the spacebar inside the youtube app

If you have watched a video, then start typing in the search box above the video thumbnails, and you have to hit space to type the next word, spacebar becomes either the down arrow or tab button and suddenly highlights one of the video thumbnails instead of typing a space, there is nothing I can do at this stage so all my next searches have to be one word titles