'Chronicles of Riddick: Dead Man Stalking' gets R rating

Chronicles of Riddick: Dead Man Stalking has been given an R rating by the MPAA.

The watchdog gave the film an adult certificate for its depiction of "strong violence, language and some sexual content/nudity".

Vin Diesel previously said that the upcoming sequel would be R-rated, but there was some doubt as its predecessor The Chronicles of Riddick was a PG-13.

The movie sees the actor take on the role of the titular bounty hunter for a third time on screen, backed by a supporting cast that includes Karl Urban, Jordi Molla, Matt Nable and Katee Sackhoff.

Dredd star Urban previously revealed details of the project, describing it as having an "indie arthouse sensibility".

Directed by David Twohy, Chronicles of Riddick: Dead Man Stalking will arrive in theatres in 2013

x

I quite liked Pitch Black, but I was a bit less keen on the pure fantasy of the sequel. Although I guess it was a stepping stone to some refinement, and hopefully this new film will be a lot better.

• Like 2

Riddick needs R, or it's just not the same. Hollywood is too PG-13 happy these days, trying to get all the teens and kids or w/e to see their movies. That aside, it's been way too long since the last movie, this should've been out by now IMO.

• Like 1

Loved Pitch Black, but the 2nd film was just too far of a jump from what I was expecting. Never read any of the comics, so wasn't expecting such a fantasy film, seeing how the 1st was somewhat realistic in how "human" the people were. The second was just so out of even that world, that I couldn't buy into it. I hope they do a better job with this film, as I love the character.

Awesome news, now it just needs a release date.

"The movie sees the actor take on the role of the titular bounty hunter for a third time on screen"

One problem with that...he's not a bounty hunter.

• 3 weeks later...

Battlestar Galactica's Katee Sackhoff confirms the latest Riddick film will be rated R, and offers a brief explanation as to why:

There's a ******** of blood and there's little pieces of nudity, here and there. There's my nudity too, but it's side boob, for three to five seconds. It's not that big of a deal. It's mostly for the language. My character and Matt Nable's character say ****, like every other word. It's kind of fantastic, actually. He must have said **** 15 times, in every single scene. It's pretty awesome. So, it's mostly for language.

bahhhhhh ... wanted more riddick ... wtf diesel move your fat ass and do more games and movies ...

loved the first 2 and was hoping after the 2nd one he'd release another one - not sure why it took so long (and not to mention no game in between) BUT ... if story is good and has FU|<s every other wor and side boobs man I am going to love it ...

2013 the world is NOT going to end after all