Photo

How many cups of coffee would it take to kill you?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 17,473 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 17:58

I never smoked - ever - anything. Didn't see the sense of putting rolled up leaves in my mouth & setting fire to them, especially if they contained a chemical we once used as a liquidinsecticide (nicotine.)

Tobacco also contains Polonium-210, a radioisotope that is known to cause lunc cancer when inhaled. The tobacco plant picks it up from the mined phosphate fertilizers used for growing them Phosphate deposits are often found in proximity to uranium & its decay products.

#17 Original Poster

Original Poster

C++ n00b

• 2,966 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 17:06

My morning must-have is hot sauce (or hot salsa) on my eggs & hash browns and 2 cups of green tea.

oooo a breakfast curry ... do love a curry nom ... im hungry DAMN YOUUU also I have trouble sleeping without a decent amount of caffeine O.o

#18 Spartan Erik

Spartan Erik

Neowinian

• 831 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 17:09

Find out the lethal dosage for caffeine (mg/kg of body weight, or along those lines), find the amount of caffeine for a given brand of coffee per cup, and do the math.

#19 xSuRgEx

xSuRgEx

Neowinian Senior

• 2,479 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 17:17

Find out the lethal dosage for caffeine (mg/kg of body weight, or along those lines), find the amount of caffeine for a given brand of coffee per cup, and do the math.

you would most likely die from a heart attack due to the amount of caffeine. it wont be a pleasant death.

#20 Spartan Erik

Spartan Erik

Neowinian

• 831 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 17:19

you would most likely die from a heart attack due to the amount of caffeine. it wont be a pleasant death.

I know, I'm just answering the OP's question haha

#21 MS Pandya

MS Pandya

In love with Microsoft

• 2,696 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 17:25

I think we worked this out at work. Was a while ago and the numbers are probably a bit hazy, but you'd need to hit something like eighty espressos in a half hour period to kill you. Reality of it is that you'd be unable to actually drink that much coffee no matter how hard you tried, and would likely start vomiting long before that amount.

#22 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 17:27

You can die from drinking too much water, I would imagine you would become sick from water before caffeine if you tried to OD on caffeine with normal cups of coffee

#23 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:16

Good thing I don't drink coffee in the morning.

#24 Lucas

Lucas

Neowinian

• 1,261 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:34

Coffee is even worse than the deadly marijuana.

#25 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 3,849 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:39

I drink one of these every morning before work:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipovitan

#26 +devHead

devHead

Get Off The Bandwagon, Put Down The Handbook

• 2,689 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 521

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:13

I couldn't stomach one cup of Tim Horton's garbage coffee, never mind 50. But I do have one cup in the morning and sometimes another in the afternoon.

#27 The King of GnG

The King of GnG

Knight and King of the Great Hell Village

• 450 posts
  • Phone: Windows Phone

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:41

Three cups of coffee, if I drink three cups of coffee in a single day I risk a heart attack. And diabetes (I like my coffe pretty sweet).

P.S.I'm talking about Italian-made coffee, here: a small cup contains as much caffeine as a couple of that strange and slightly aromatic beverage you call "coffee" in the USA :-D