• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ice_Blue

Ice_Blue

Neowinian

• 1,327 posts
  • Phone: Nokia N8 Belle

Posted 31 October 2012 - 20:06

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rich Cook

#2 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,985 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 20:12

hahaha

#3 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Resident Misanthrope

• 5,689 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 18:45

Nah, isn't anymore. Software engineering these days has taken over the idiot production, too (Android & Win 8 app stores *cough*).

#4 redvamp128

redvamp128

Neowinian Senior

• 3,926 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 20:17

Programmer
Posted Image
Posted Image
User

#5 Riva

Riva

Neowinian

• 1,476 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 20:32

I recently had a customer who was greatly dissatisfied with the solution we have provided. Following some investigation it turned out that:

• Some users had popup blockers which prevented the web app from displaying modal dialogs
  • Others were entering invalid credentials
  • A large number of them were running Windows XP and haven't received the GeoTrust root CA Certificate via Windows Update

I can keep the list going...

#6 Bubblex

Bubblex

Neowinian

• 199 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 13:14

NIce , nice

#7 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• 1,704 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 05 November 2012 - 21:33

Nah, isn't anymore. Software engineering these days has taken over the idiot production, too (Android & Win 8 app stores *cough*).

you should send that to war and ask him to post it as a joke

#8 pes2013

pes2013

Neowinian

• 881 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:23

I recently had a customer who was greatly dissatisfied with the solution we have provided. Following some investigation it turned out that:

• Some users had popup blockers which prevented the web app from displaying modal dialogs
  • A large number of them were running Windows XP and haven't received the GeoTrust root CA Certificate via Windows Update

Um what? Those two are your problem: You should have provided a correct solution and/or workaround for those popups and if "a large numer of them were running Windows XP" you should, like it or not, make the solution compatible with XP, because he is the one that is paying.

What company do you work for? So I know never to ask (and pay) for a solution from you guys

#9 Riva

Riva

Neowinian

• 1,476 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 22:33

Um what? Those two are your problem: You should have provided a correct solution and/or workaround for those popups and if "a large numer of them were running Windows XP" you should, like it or not, make the solution compatible with XP, because he is the one that is paying.

What company do you work for? So I know never to ask (and pay) for a solution from you guys

Haha funny but we extended a product that already offers popups. With that attitude I am happy you are not interested to work with us lal

#10 spikey_richie

spikey_richie

XXXIII

• 2,590 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

Posted 25 November 2012 - 22:40

1 - You expect a software developer to write software to circumnavigate popup blockers? That's BS. Users will be users, some were probably using unsupported browsers, or 3rd party popup blockers.
2 - I'm sure Riva's s/w had a pre-requisite listed in the user release notes stating that SP3 should be installed, and the relevant KB applied...

Not that I know what company Riva works for, or have any affiliation with him... just you're talking out of your backside :)