Win 8 and IE 10 remembering pages

I had some pages open in IE10, went back to desktop and re-opened IE10, but the pages I had open aren't there. Just a black screen. Is there a way to have it hold those until I go back?

Also if I open another page in a new tab, I don't see way to switch between tabs.

EDIT: I just went back to desktop and re-opened IE10 again and now it's a white screen.

Try tools --> Reopen last browsing session.

If that don't work, open your history and sort it by View by Order Visited Today.

I figured I could probably do that, but there should be a way to have it show the last site I was on. If I'm constantly switching between apps, and can't minimize IE10, why would it NOT remember. That just doesn't make sense.

In internet properties , do you have "Start with tabs from last session" ticked ? Don't know about the black screen or white screen situation .Maybe time for a reboot .

Forgot about the "Start with tabs from last session". Does that affect IE10 desktop version? I DON'T want the desktop browsers to do that, but for Metro only. I'll try rebooting. I just installed it about 15 minutes ago, lol. Already needs a reboot.

Thank you both for the tips.

Generally I don't recommend reopening the app. Alt-Tab (as in previous versions of Windows) or hover over to the left to pull up the previous used apps to switch back.

As regards tabs...just right click. That will pull down the tabs bar :)