4050?

4050 has Aero :) so not useless

I didn't know that :shifty:

(I think that Aero is actually a component of longhorn that the Microsoft Devs install seperately after LH 40xx has been installed first to prevent it being leaked with the OS though, rather than take it out in the next build, so if the Aero Installer leaks, then you could probably have Aero on 4051 too)

I'd doubt any Lab builds will leak, especially ones that have aero features. The most likely builds you're gonna see leaking are main builds because those always go external.

No, 4050 will not leak. (At least i dont think it will)

Its an internal MS build from Lab6 (GUI/Avalon/Aero Build Lab)

It is newer than 4051 (by 20some days)

It does NOT have Aero.... It does have some features from the aero experience, but no "Glass" theming, if thats what you're looking for.

It does, however, have more graphics/UI enhancements than 4051, so it would be a more preferable build than 4051...

From experience from using it at PDC, it is just as stable as 4051, except it crashes when some sidebar options are initiated, such as the contacts list...

It does NOT have Aero.... It does have some features from the aero experience, but no "Glass" theming, if thats what you're looking for.

so what build was it then that was showing the aerointerface ?

pdc2003_avalon_keynote_02.jpg

I think BlackComb said that 4050 had aero parts, but just wasn't a full Aero interface. They have 3 years til Longhorn comes out. Aero probably isn't even near completetion. They probably showed what they had so far. There probably isn't a build with Aero fully implamented.

:alien:

right, 4050 just had some of the aero parts that were done to date. if i had to guess, i'd say maybe 25% of aero has been completed. they have a long time to work on this...i just can't wait. i am hoping it will be implemented at least partially in Beta1 ;) ;)

http://www.winsupersite.com/images/reviews..._keynote_02.jpg

See.. Aero is not a User Interface (UI) ...

Aero is the entire User Experience (UX)...

The Glass visual style you see in the hillel demo's is a visual style which uses some of the aero components including DCE. These compontents of aero are not in 4051 or 4050, so there's no way the Glass visual style would work on any of these builds.

Remember, aero is the entire look and feel of windows, ranging from the sidebar to the icons to the visual style to the images and animations...

Aero isnt complete as a whole, but the hillel demo of Longhorn is as close as we can get to "Aero"