Mercedes-Benz to me, people! The full-size keyboard

built right into the cover makes work easy, the very smart

kickstand makes watching a movie or Skyping a friend a

delight, the less than a pound-and-a-half weight makes

a great alternative to a laptop, and the many other

features make it fun for work and play. Now, that's a

wowser!"?Oprah

link

She has one. She got one early on. She is always given tech items early on. She has an incredible ability to reach millions of people and when she endorses a product she actually stands behind it, has used it and actually likes it.

This will help the Surface gain more traction. When Oprah says she likes something many many many others follow. This is a big endorsement for Microsoft Surface RT. Oprah fans will buy without hesitation based on Oprah's comments.

OMG -- if Oprah has one, I must get one -- NOT. :rolleyes: At least some of us can think for ourselves.

You're clearly not in the target demographic...

Sounds like she's reading off a script.

That's exactly how I feel. Except for the "Wowser!" (and maybe even that), it's almost word-for-word what Microsoft uses as their talking points.

OMG -- if Oprah has one, I must get one -- NOT. :rolleyes: At least some of us can think for ourselves.

The same can be said about a lot of stuff you say in the forums. Just because a celeb says they like something doesn't mean only the brainless will follow it. Then again look who I'm trying to discuss logic with.

Yes. They paid off Oprah. That's right.

Can I have what you're on?

thats how endorsements work isn't it? not saying she has been paid but its not some crazy suggestion as you;re trying to make it out to be.

• Like 1

I don't think Oprah needs the money, but I don't think this is necessarily about her. Remember the article a while ago that her TV network has a Windows Store App? A lot of this is cross-promotion.

I'm not saying she wasn't impressed by Surface, but she was also impressed by vectorized illustrations of your pet on custom greeting cards , so...

Oprah has good tastes, for sure. :)

Surprised she didn't try and eat it! Next thing you know, she will be holding it on the cover of her magazine.

Seriously. We're talking about a billionaire here. She's not hurting for money.

That's ridiculous logic. Just because she's a billionaire doesn't mean she's above taking more money for endorsements.