win8

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#16 Crimson Rain

Crimson Rain

Neowinian

• Phone: Lumia 1020 Yellow

Posted 02 November 2012 - 13:21

Some people does indeed far more than just browsing and cheking email... some people DO real WORK.

I wonder if I have not been working (for real) since last year. May be they are paying me for nothing...oh wai-

#17 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 02 November 2012 - 13:26

Guess I haven't been working for the past year either. Damn, if I wasn't DOING real WORK, then how did I pass my classes? :laugh:

Any way, back on topic. Good for her. I showed my Mom the RP last I was home, and while indifferent, she wasn't troubled by the UI at all. She poked around the screen, and quickly discovered her way around - unlike Chris Prillow's "dad", who couldn't find his way out of a paper bag.

#18 siah1214

siah1214

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 02 November 2012 - 13:26

I wonder if I have not been working (for real) since last year. May be they are paying me for nothing...oh wai-

Apparently if you use Windows 8 at work and it helps you, you obviously don't do intensive work.

#19 Authentic X

Authentic X

Neowinian

Posted 02 November 2012 - 13:29

Windows 8 reminds me of America Online,makes the computer too much like a toy for me.

#20 DKAngel

DKAngel

That i cannot own ....I shall destroy

Posted 02 November 2012 - 13:30

my wife seems to navigate my windows 8 box just fine onyl thing she found wierd was printing from metro apps which i had to show her, other than that she found her way around as easy as she did in windows 7

#21 AsherGZ

AsherGZ

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 820, 520

Posted 02 November 2012 - 13:33

Some people does indeed far more than just browsing and cheking email... some people DO real WORK.

And how exactly is Windows 8 stopping you from doing that?

#22 UXGaurav

UXGaurav

Tried Classic Shell? It has 15 million+ downloads & growing

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 02 November 2012 - 13:38

It's just more proof that Windows needs to be split into "simple" and "advanced". "Simple" to compete with Apple and "advanced" for business/enterprise customers and power users/IT Pros. MS cannot maintain that right balance which is the cause of all this headache.

#23 NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo

Neowinian

Posted 02 November 2012 - 13:40

It's just more proof that Windows needs to be split into "simple" and "advanced". "Simple" to compete with Apple and "advanced" for business/enterprise customers and power users/IT Pros. MS cannot maintain that right balance which is the cause of all this headache.

Windows 8 actually combines both of those logics. They went deeper than they ever have into both categories and the result is an easier to use OS with more advanced features and easier access to power user functions.

#24 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 02 November 2012 - 13:41

That would be the worst idea since.... ever. Please explain to me why Windows 8 isn't any more "advanced" as Windows 7 is? Because, my dual monitor workstation tells me otherwise.... But if you're going to cry about all the depreciated (You know what that word means, right!?) features Microsoft has removed, then don't. If you really want to hang on to archaic paradigms, than maybe Linux is better for you. Removing old, done with code is a win-win for everyone.

#25 NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo

Neowinian

Posted 02 November 2012 - 13:43

He's the delusionist that believes that Windows XP is better for workflow than Windows 7. There is no reaching that level of craziness.

#26 giantpotato

giantpotato

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 November 2012 - 14:09

From the point of being hated by the average everyday user 8 is absolutely the next Vista.

Mark my words.. The average user after 1 months, using Windows 8 will NOT know the start button is hidden in the bottom left corner.

won't be surprised if windows 8 fail at being popular: you can't ignore people impressions, and be surprised that average user refuse to use it.

For the average user, the Modern UI is cumbersome and counter-intuitive on a traditional desktop.

These are just some quotes I saved from members making some predictions about the "average user" and Windows 8.
I wonder what they have to say now.

#27 UXGaurav

UXGaurav

Tried Classic Shell? It has 15 million+ downloads & growing

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 02 November 2012 - 14:28

That would be the worst idea since.... ever. Please explain to me why Windows 8 isn't any more "advanced" as Windows 7 is? Because, my dual monitor workstation tells me otherwise.... But if you're going to cry about all the depreciated (You know what that word means, right!?) features Microsoft has removed, then don't. If you really want to hang on to archaic paradigms, than maybe Linux is better for you. Removing old, done with code is a win-win for everyone.

Let's see last time "depreciate" didn't mean the same as "deprecate". Learn your English first, then learn how to be polite and not question others' English, then learn usability, then learn to spot differences in the two menus that you can't seem to notice, then I will explain to you why Windows 8's UI is worse. :p

#28 Tha Bloo Monkee

Tha Bloo Monkee

Da Ba Dee Da Ba Die

Posted 02 November 2012 - 14:33

the DO real WORK comes from this: normally you read very fast... but the brain doesn't pay too much attention to it until a second view, so, DO WORK is the first thing you well understand, then if you read again, DO real WORK appears... it's just a bit of subliminal message. If I would write like a teen, then I would write like other people whose words get either censored ***** or are just unintelligible to be read.

lol what is wrong with you?

#29 OP shall_i_cut

shall_i_cut

Touch me if you dare

• Phone: O+ 8.91

Posted 02 November 2012 - 14:48

He's the delusionist that believes that Windows XP is better for workflow than Windows 7. There is no reaching that level of craziness.

And 8 will be 10000000x better.

#30 georgevella

georgevella

Software Developer

Posted 02 November 2012 - 15:34

the DO real WORK comes from this: normally you read very fast... but the brain doesn't pay too much attention to it until a second view, so, DO WORK is the first thing you well understand, then if you read again, DO real WORK appears... it's just a bit of subliminal message. If I would write like a teen, then I would write like other people whose words get either censored ***** or are just unintelligible to be read.

Oh get over yourself. You should re-evaluate your capabilities if your work flow is affected so much by a glorified start menu.