Support req: Code 31 - "This device is not working properly because Win

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"

Basically, my ASUS A53E (Win7 64-bit) laptop cannot detect Bluetooth devices. I want to play my audio through my Samsung soundbar, which my Android phone and iPad can do just fine.

1) I click Control Panel.

2) Hardware and Sound

3) Device and Printers

4) Bluetooth Devices

5) I click Add a Device.

6) Windows cannot detect any devices, and my soundbar is indeed on and set to Bluetooth. It's playing right now with my Android phone.

ASUS' support site and other sites don't seem to have a direct fix, even after installing some updated drivers some have indicated may need updating (i.e. - Realtek Audio). I also followed steps to edit the registry from http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/code-31-error.htm - but to no avail.

Any idea what I can do? I just got this new in May this year and it should play nice with Bluetooth, ya know!? ;-)

You said "this device" has a code 31, but you didn't actually say what device that was...

BT should work as advertised. Press add device, let it find it, add, done.

If that doesn't happen, either the target device isn't in discovery mode (unlikely), or your BT adaptor is having an issue. Possibly bad drivers (relating to the Code 31 above), or it's been disabled for some reason. (FN+Fkey usually with wifi)