Remove text from app tiles

Can you remove the text from some app tiles?

As you can see in the pic, the text in some of these is unnecessary and they would look better without it.

post-147642-0-01470200-1351881757.jpg

Specifically the How stuff works app and the BBC one

This is all due to poor development. The developers choose wether or not their app should display the text in the app's manifest file. There's nothing you can do about that.

This is all due to poor development. The developers choose wether or not their app should display the text in the app's manifest file. There's nothing you can do about that.

So can I not edit that "manifest file" somewhere?

Jetpack Joyride is still the best Windows 8 Xbox game. That's sad, but it's a fun game.

On topic: I don't know where the manifest would be. I'll check? Maybe?

haha yeah it is isnt it! I used to play it on iPhone but deleted it when I got short on space. Havent downloaded it again since I upgraded to the iphone 5.

I've been playing it for hours today. IT seems harder on the pc though, I found it much easier to go further on iPhone. Think its because with the smaller screen, it was easier to keep an eye on the right side for the next object. But on the bigger desktop screen its farther away from your character.

On topic, thanks for that, that would be great. I notice that if I make the apps large, the text isn't shown, probably because then the whole apps name is shown as a logo.

Jetpack Joyride is still the best Windows 8 Xbox game. That's sad, but it's a fun game.

On topic: I don't know where the manifest would be. I'll check? Maybe?

You can't edit the manifest yourself, and I highly doubt you'd be able to open up the .appx file and edit it. It's up to the developer to include tile graphics and whether or not the name of the app is shown on the normal and/or wide tile. This information gets compiled into the .appxupload file in the developer's app submission for the store.

The only way to get rid of it is to contact the developer and convince them to remove it. All they have to do is go into the package manifest tab in Visual Studio and select which tile(s) that show the name of the app.

You can't edit the manifest yourself, and I highly doubt you'd be able to open up the .appx file and edit it. It's up to the developer to include tile graphics and whether or not the name of the app is shown on the normal and/or wide tile. This information gets compiled into the .appxupload file in the developer's app submission for the store.

The only way to get rid of it is to contact the developer and convince them to remove it. All they have to do is go into the package manifest tab in Visual Studio and select which tile(s) that show the name of the app.

Thanks, at least now I know and have a solid answer.

I'm not going to bother contacting the developer as its just a minor gripe.