Enable Remote Desktop after Joining a Domain.

Hi,

I have installed Active Directory Services and created a Domain Controller. I am having an issue with accessing my Virtual Machines using Remote Desktop Connection when i join them to Domain. It shows an error. I have turned the Windows Firewall Off, still not able to access VM. Does anyone have an idea what else needs to be done?

IIRC you need an account with a password not blank and V set via group policy or in system policy

Windows Components/Remote Desktop Services/Remote Desktop Session Host/Connectionshide

Policy Setting Comment Allow users to connect remotely by using Remote Desktop Services Enabled

If they're virtual machines, how do you have the virtual network cards configured? Are they handing out private IPs between the host OS and the guests, or are they allowed to connect directly to your LAN? That could prevent computers other than the one they're hosted on from being able to connect via Remote Desktop.

What virtual machine software are you using? (VMWare, VirtualBox, etc.)

What specifically does the error say?

Can you ping the virtual machines from the one you're attempting to connect from? If not, take another look at the configuration of the virtual network interfaces in your VM software.

Thanks guys, I have figured it out. Once you join a Virtual Machine to a Domain, Additional firewall gets activated. Turning off the firewall/allowing the rdp will take care of this issue.

"Once you join a Virtual Machine to a Domain, Additional firewall gets activated."

What? You mean the built in windows firewall? Yeah depending on your domain settings, sure it would be enabled if you set it to be, or didn't change the defaults. Just the change in the network connection type, home/work or public could enable change your rule sets you had setup.

Or do you mean that when you join the domain something other than the windows built in firewall gets installed?