Buying a X360 : Is it still worth it?

Simple question, is it still worth it to buy an Xbox 360? It's mainly for casual play, small games, some racing sim, nothing that breaks the brain.

They sell a package right now $249 with 250Gb, Forza 4 and Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim, 1 month of XBL.

And, what would be a good, realistic racing sim? Any suggestion?

Simple question, is it still worth it to buy an Xbox 360? It's mainly for casual play, small games, some racing sim, nothing that breaks the brain.

They sell a package right now $249 with 250Gb, Forza 4 and Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim, 1 month of XBL.

A good realistic racing sim? Forza 4 is included in the package, it's pretty much the best there is at this point.

And yeah, still very much worth it. Also Forza Horizons for slightly less realistic and more fun and csual

A good realistic racing sim? Forza 4 is included in the package, it's pretty much the best there is at this point.

And yeah, still very much worth it. Also Forza Horizons for slightly less realistic and more fun and csual

I rotflmao-d at Forza being described as "realistic racing sim". :laugh: Oh wait, this is a console derpa derp thread, my bad.

• Like 1

I rotflmao-d at Forza being described as "realistic racing sim". :laugh: Oh wait, this is a console derpa derp thread, my bad.

What does being on a console have to do with it. Stop being a troll. Get a wheel and try out Forza instead of talking about a game you haven't even tried.

You know if you can stand seeping on a console :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter what medium a game is on p, only the quality of the game matters, and Forza is pretty much the cream of the crop on racing sims atm.

FYI, even I have a console, albeit it being a PS3, and there has not been a single console racing game that can compete with the simulators on PC. Not Forza, not Turismo. I have driven Forza, I have driven Turismo. The don't compare. "cream of the crop" :laugh: And Halo is "cream of the crop" of shooters. :laugh: And Mass Effect 3 is "cream of the crop" of RPGs. :laugh:

FYI, even I have a console, albeit it being a PS3, and there has not been a single console racing game that can compete with the simulators on PC. Not Forza, not Turismo. I have driven Forza, I have driven Turismo. The don't compare. "cream of the crop" :laugh: And Halo is "cream of the crop" of shooters. :laugh: And Mass Effect 3 is "cream of the crop" of RPGs. :laugh:

Best for each platform.

Forza is best for 360, GT5 is best for PS3, "insert your racing sim for PC" is best for PC.

Not really much point in arguing against them in a topic where the guys wanting to buy a 360, not a PC or PS3. As for the original question, yes. I'd wait for black friday deals as well.

Thanks, I got one!! Downloading skyrim at the moment. Got Forza Horizon with it.

The Wii U is out in 14 days and is Next gen system kinda pointless at this time to get a 360 but seems you already got one now . some good games coming to the Wii U on launch + ad the fact it will be True full HD native 1080p 60 FPS for the vast majority of games on the system 3rd party games anyways 120hz tot if you count the Wii U gamepad touch screen and running games with friends on both screens separate from each other

Also notice your computers in your Sig all of them would play skyrim better and make it look better also then on the 360

Oh for sure, best system out there... till the next xbox comes out anyways.

the next Xbox will not be much over what the Wii U is in terms of specifications the Wii U GPU for example currently siad to be a 6760 AMD GPU the CPU is slower clocked then the current systems but a customer newer architecture based CPU so i really doubt the next Xbox will be much stronger and even if it is Developer have the Added benefit of thew Wii U Gamepad that every current Developer Loves the hek out of and keeps finding new things it can do for them

Anyways the next Xbox is a year away or more who knows and the Wii U is well here Now well 14 days

You can play your "back-ups" now that the RGH hack is available for all versions of the console. Also, the Lord of the Hacks is coming out allowing you play your "back-ups" on Xbox Live with getting banned. So it's still well worth if you like to play "back-ups".

The Wii U is out in 14 days and is Next gen system kinda pointless at this time to get a 360 but seems you already got one now . some good games coming to the Wii U on launch + ad the fact it will be True full HD native 1080p 60 FPS for the vast majority of games on the system 3rd party games anyways 120hz tot if you count the Wii U gamepad touch screen and running games with friends on both screens separate from each other

Also notice your computers in your Sig all of them would play skyrim better and make it look better also then on the 360

I had a Nintendo Wii, but the selection of games was not as broad was what is available on the Xbox 360. And I'm afraid it's going to be more of the same with the Wii U. And if I wanted to play with a tablet controler, I'd play with my iPad/Nexus7.... The Wii U will probably cost more than the current Xbox 360.

As for my PC, yeah, it may be powerfull enough, but it's not connected to my 60" HDTV and it's not in the same room....

I played with Forza Horizon and the gfx looks good enough for me, quite immersive on the big screen. Fun racing game.

I had a Nintendo Wii, but the selection of games was not as broad was what is available on the Xbox 360. And I'm afraid it's going to be more of the same with the Wii U. And if I wanted to play with a tablet controler, I'd play with my iPad/Nexus7.... The Wii U will probably cost more than the current Xbox 360.

As for my PC, yeah, it may be powerfull enough, but it's not connected to my 60" HDTV and it's not in the same room....

I played with Forza Horizon and the gfx looks good enough for me, quite immersive on the big screen. Fun racing game.

The Wii U cost $300 and the has a launch window line up of 50 games and 23 launch games for Day one launch and has some great 3rd party games and as for the controller it does not work the same way as a the iPad or nexus 7 as it is tied to the main system and need that to work .

The issue is you wasted money on a last generation system and while the 360 may have some OK games they are nothing special

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/features/whats-in-the-box/

Some examples :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnY-wpMbIv0

November 18th Launch lineup

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Skylanders Giants

Transformers Prime

Wipeout 3

Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

FIFA Soccer 13

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

New Super Mario Bros. U

Ninja Gaiden: Razor?s Edge

Nintendo Land

Sing Party

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Warrios Orochi 3 Hyper

Darksiders II

Assassin?s Creed III

ESPN Sports Connection

Just Dance 4

Rabbids Land

Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013

ZombiU

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Game Party Champions

Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition

Launch Window games list included the above :

007 Legends

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Assassin's Creed III

Ben 10: Omniverse

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013

Darksiders II

Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade

FIFA Soccer 13

Funky Barn

Game & Wario

Game Party Champions

Jeopardy!

Jett Tailfin

Just Dance 4

Lego City: Undercover

Madden NFL 13

Marvel Avengers: Battle For Earth

Mass Effect 3

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Nano Assault Neo

NBA 2K13

New Super Mario Bros. U

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

NintendoLand

Pikmin 3

Rabbids Land

Rapala Pro Bass Fishing

Rayman Legends

Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game

Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Sing Party

Skylanders Giants

Sports Connection

Tank! Tank! Tank!

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

The Wonderful 101 (formerly Project P-100)

Toki Tori 2

Transformers Prime

Trine 2: Director's Cut

Warriors Orochi 3: Hyper

Wheel of Fortune

Wii Fit U

Wipeout 3

You Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013

Zombi U

Zumba Fitness Core

The X360 is very dated now and will soon be superseded. You'd be better off putting your money aside for a next-gen consoles next year or simply spend it on a decent PC.

The Wii U cost $300 and the has a launch window line up of 50 games and 23 launch games for Day one launch and has some great 3rd party games and as for the controller it does not work the same way as a the iPad or nexus 7 as it is tied to the main system and need that to work .

The issue is you wasted money on a last generation system and while the 360 may have some OK games they are nothing special

http://www.nintendo....ats-in-the-box/

Some examples :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnY-wpMbIv0

November 18th Launch lineup

Skylanders Giants

Transformers Prime

Wipeout 3

FIFA Soccer 13

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

New Super Mario Bros. U

Ninja Gaiden: Razor?s Edge

Nintendo Land

Sing Party

Warrios Orochi 3 Hyper

Darksiders II

Assassin?s Creed III

ESPN Sports Connection

Just Dance 4

Rabbids Land

Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013

ZombiU

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Game Party Champions

Launch Window games list included the above :

007 Legends

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Assassin's Creed III

Ben 10: Omniverse

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013

Darksiders II

Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade

FIFA Soccer 13

Funky Barn

Game & Wario

Game Party Champions

Jeopardy!

Jett Tailfin

Just Dance 4

Lego City: Undercover

Madden NFL 13

Marvel Avengers: Battle For Earth

Mass Effect 3

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Nano Assault Neo

NBA 2K13

New Super Mario Bros. U

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

NintendoLand

Pikmin 3

Rabbids Land

Rapala Pro Bass Fishing

Rayman Legends

Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game

Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Sing Party

Skylanders Giants

Sports Connection

Tank! Tank! Tank!

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

The Wonderful 101 (formerly Project P-100)

Toki Tori 2

Transformers Prime

Trine 2: Director's Cut

Warriors Orochi 3: Hyper

Wheel of Fortune

Wii Fit U

Wipeout 3

You Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013

Zombi U

Zumba Fitness Core

one of the ops wants was a good realistic racing sim. guess what's not on that list.

the number of launch titles is irrelevant when it doesn't have what he wants.

and he's enjoying a system that's half the price of the WiiU that doesn't offer him what he wants, how did he waste money ?

Nothing wrong with buying an older console if there's games you want to play on it.

I picked up an old xbox not that many years ago and picked up a slew of original xbox games, several that never received BC patches for the 360.

I still fire up the dreamcast for Phantasy Star Online Ver 1 & 2.

Any Elderscrolls games (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, etc) is better on a pc. Provided you have the hardware, better graphics, and open editing toolkit allows for hundreds of quality mods you can add (or make your own mods).

The Wii U is on my next purchase list.

one of the ops wants was a good realistic racing sim. guess what's not on that list.

the number of launch titles is irrelevant when it doesn't have what he wants.

and he's enjoying a system that's half the price of the WiiU that doesn't offer him what he wants, how did he waste money ?

No matter how ya look at it he did wast money when even if he dont like Nintendo MS will be releasing the next xbox sometime next year so kinda pointless to buy in to a Dated system now . and while currently yes there is no Racing Sim on the Wii U there is some in development and some non racing Sims like Need for speed MW coming to it but course who is to say what it will offer for the Wii U but i am sure visually it will be stunning

The factor tho is he bought a Dated system and while he cant get Forza 4 on it or the PC he can get a slew of other games that are launching the same week as the Wii U .

Lol, it's the same package I bought last week, playing skyrim right now :)

You can play your "back-ups" now that the RGH hack is available for all versions of the console. Also, the Lord of the Hacks is coming out allowing you play your "back-ups" on Xbox Live with getting banned. So it's still well worth if you like to play "back-ups".

Playing "back-ups" is easier if you just flash the DVD Drive. Then you can play online, and not get banned (if you have the latest flash).

No matter how ya look at it he did wast money when even if he dont like Nintendo MS will be releasing the next xbox sometime next year so kinda pointless to buy in to a Dated system now . and while currently yes there is no Racing Sim on the Wii U there is some in development and some non racing Sims like Need for speed MW coming to it but course who is to say what it will offer for the Wii U but i am sure visually it will be stunning

The factor tho is he bought a Dated system and while he cant get Forza 4 on it or the PC he can get a slew of other games that are launching the same week as the Wii U .

He boguht a cheaper console, hat was out now, that offered him what he wanted, somethign yoru future console doesn't.

so no he did no waste his money.

even if there is a new MS console late next year, that's at least a year away. in the meantime he has an excellent gaming machine, which guess what, will NOT stop working next year when MS might release the next xbox.

Of course he also gets a box where he can rent and uy movies form xbox movies, which offers the best streaming quality of any service yet, netflix box, TV browser, Kinect if he wants it.

Also what racing game is planned for WiiU that competes with Forza and GT...

You need to stop taking it as a personal insult if someone doesn't want to buy a WiiU or doesn't think it's the best console evarrr

Yes it's worth it. I don't care what people say, the 360 still have great graphics but not compared to todays high-end PC's... Ultra sharp textures and stuff doesn't make a game more fun to play.

I'm looking forward to the Xbox releases of Black Ops 2 and Crysis 3, oops! I almost forgor Halo 4 =)

I'm both an Xbox and PC gamer... Both platforms have their advantages & disadvantages, I prefer most games on the xbox for some reason it feels more fun.. I can't really explain why.