georgia

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 roadwarrior

roadwarrior

Mississippian by birth and by choice

• 12,944 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 17:24

They did this when the flood of '98 hit the area I once lived in Caldwell,OH area..... they gave us white cans with the AB logo on them that were filled with filtered water. pretty cool. I believe my mom still has one as a collectors item!

I remember those from either Hurricane Frederic in 1979 or Elena in 1985. The ones they gave out back then were carbonated water, and tasted horrible, but at least they were clean water. Where I lived, we had (and still do have) well water, not city water, so since our power was out our pump wasn't working. No pump = no water. Anything was better than nothing at that point.

#17 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,523 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 04 November 2012 - 19:17

I remember those from either Hurricane Frederic in 1979 or Elena in 1985. The ones they gave out back then were carbonated water, and tasted horrible, but at least they were clean water. Where I lived, we had (and still do have) well water, not city water, so since our power was out our pump wasn't working. No pump = no water. Anything was better than nothing at that point.

I would have gotten some kool aid or crystal light and put em in the cans... LOL

#18 roadwarrior

roadwarrior

Mississippian by birth and by choice

• 12,944 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 21:17

I would have gotten some kool aid or crystal light and put em in the cans... LOL

I'm sure we probably did make some Kool-aid with some of them, but I don't think Crystal Light was even out at the time.

#19 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,523 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 04 November 2012 - 21:58

I also used Lipton iced tea mix

#20 Skin

Skin

Neowinian

• 1,153 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 22:03

Yes it does, and it shouldn't be. Good for them.

actually it should imo, that's the point of it being charity and good social ethics. Calling a press conference to announce you are doing good is kinda defeating the purpose of what is supposed to be behind the self-less act.

#21 Azies

Azies

Neowinian Senior

• 1,870 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 22:42

It's not unusual for Coke, Pepsi and Faygo bottling plants to do the same thing. Good corporate citizedship often goes unreported.

Which is a shame, because it deserves more attention, especially this act of kindness.

#22 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• 5,411 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 20:51

actually it should imo, that's the point of it being charity and good social ethics. Calling a press conference to announce you are doing good is kinda defeating the purpose of what is supposed to be behind the self-less act.

normally I would agree with you... but in this case.. no. Anytime a corporation puts aside its potential profits to support any sort of disaster relief should be entitled to their moment of good PR.