Photo

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 OP Anthony Tosie

Anthony Tosie

Neowinian

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:49

I think the only sure fire way to get the app to ask the search indexer again is to uninstall it and then reinstall it. As for the search indexer itself, you should be able to go into the folders in File Explorer on the desktop and see if it's actually properly indexing the metadata for those files (i.e. searching artist:"Jason Mraz" should return only files where Jason Mraz is in the artist metadata tag, and any files it doesn't pick up aren't being indexed properly). You could force an entire rebuild of the Windows Search Indexer database, but deleting folders should do.

Try maybe moving the files into a non indexable location (like a memory stick), and then moving them back, possibly into a different folder?

I've tried the moving folders option, but no such luck. The metadata is working correctly in the desktop search, so I don't think it's the files themselves.

I'll try uninstalling the Music app and letting you know how it goes.

#17 OP Anthony Tosie

Anthony Tosie

Neowinian

Posted 08 November 2012 - 00:56

Well, it's definitely not my music files that are the issue.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and now even more albums have missing artwork -- and the albums that previously had missing artwork now don't. So there's some problem with the app somewhere.

#18 coresx

coresx

Neowinian

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:20

Yeah, I checked the tags of some albums and I don't see the problem. Had no issues with other software displaying right so I'll blame Xbox Music and leave things as they are.

#19 Sekyal

Sekyal

Neowinian

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:08

I've had a recent issue that is troubling and nearly the same. Music apps including Music Info showed all my metadata, now all the album isn't showing, but shows fine in any desktop application. I first noticed a problem that Music Info didn't show my music at all. However even the default Music app has no artwork. Another music app I tried shows no artwork.
I had windows rebuild the index and still nothing. I have no idea what caused this except for possibly a recent update to Windows 8 as that is the last major change that occurred.
I supposed I could see about rolling back that update, but just hate getting into that.

#20 bguy_1986

bguy_1986

Neowinian

Posted 20 December 2012 - 14:13

Here's a Microsoft Community/Answers post about a WHOLE list of issues with Xbox Music. More people should get onboard with this.

http://answers.micro...69-4626090289a3

#21 JudasI

JudasI

Neowinian

Posted 22 December 2012 - 20:10

Here's a Microsoft Community/Answers post about a WHOLE list of issues with Xbox Music. More people should get onboard with this.

http://answers.micro...69-4626090289a3

That's a brill list.... MS really need to do something. I've just picked up a Surface, copied a small selection of tunes across and found that it's renamed some of the albums, replaced album artwork, and doesn't appear to be group compilations correctly so they appear as a single album. Not impressed, tbh....

#22 srprimeaux

srprimeaux

Neowinian

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:12

There's a Match Album Info feature in the Music App, but 1) it doesn't match the correct album half the time and 2) the Music App forgets the album matches when you exit the App and relaunch it.

It's a mess.

I just use the Zune software. If they get rid of it without replacing it with something equal to or greater: I'm going to lose my head.

#23 bguy_1986

bguy_1986

Neowinian

Posted 27 December 2012 - 20:59

There's a Match Album Info feature in the Music App, but 1) it doesn't match the correct album half the time and 2) the Music App forgets the album matches when you exit the App and relaunch it.

It's a mess.

I just use the Zune software. If they get rid of it without replacing it with something equal to or greater: I'm going to lose my head.

ditto. Can't believe nobody at Microsoft has said anything about it, or there have been leaks about fixing the stuff... I can't imagine anybody saying it works good,,,

#24 Aergan

Aergan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

Posted 28 December 2012 - 22:14

I'm beyond ****ed with some of the matches I got lumbered with on the Xbox Cloud. How Rotting Christ gets matched to Nora ****ing Jones is beyond my understanding.

I've since removed my library, removed the app, reinstalled the app and quickly disabled the feature.

Severely limited in functionality for music management compared to Zune - almost a sick joke really.