U-Haul truck explodes in North Phoenix

PHOENIX -- A U-Haul truck exploded in North Phoenix early Friday morning, leaving a man forced to buy all new belongings.

Police told 3TV that the man loaded a gas grill into the back of the truck, but forgot to turn off the propane tank, which ignited somehow. A widespread debris field covered several blocks around 51st Avenue, near the border with Glendale.

"It was shaking. It shook everything," said Kulwant Chana, who witnessed the explosion.

"I've lived on air force bases before, and I thought it was a sonic boom," added Janeen O'Kerry, who also saw the explosion.

Fortunately, the man has auto and renter's insurance. Nobody was hurt.

Source

I thought propane tanks were hard to blow up even if punctured.

If the valve was left open, the truck would have filled with a propane/air mixture that can explode quite nicely.

Fortunately, the man has auto and renter's insurance. Nobody was hurt.

Source

I have a 2nd job at Uhaul on weekends and I can tell you his own personal insurance won't cover a damn thing. If you don't get uhaul's safemove insurance you're not covered for jack ****. I do find it hilarious he blew up one of their trucks though.

I have a 2nd job at Uhaul on weekends and I can tell you his own personal insurance won't cover a damn thing. If you don't get uhaul's safemove insurance you're not covered for jack ****. I do find it hilarious he blew up one of their trucks though.

My insurance covers damages to rentals.

If the valve was left open, the truck would have filled with a propane/air mixture that can explode quite nicely.

Your right. BOOM

I explode when I'm full of gas too.

LoL, my wife and kids give me a free pass when I break wind.having short bowel syndrome, severe makes me gassy. i could run tight fuel however

My insurance covers damages to rentals.

Car rentals sure, you need commercial insurance to cover a uhaul truck.