Will we ever see flash in WP7?

Hi I got a HTC Radar running WP 7.5 the other day and was wondering a few things..

Will it ever see an update to WP8?

Will flash ever come to WP7?

Will BBC iPlayer/4oD/ITV Player ever work on WP7?

All I know so far is that I will be getting WP 7.8 very soon -but is that then it? No WP8 ever with all the new apps etc?

Even if no offcial WP8 update, is it possible for a custom/ported WP8 rom to run on it?

(Sorry if stupid questions, I'm a WP noob)

I haven't tried it, but there is an app in the marketplace called Flash for WP

I looked all over market, could only find an offline flash file player, not an internet flash video streamer which is what I'm really after

1. Will it ever see an update to WP8?
  2. Will flash ever come to WP7?
  3. Will BBC iPlayer/4oD/ITV Player ever work on WP7?
  4. All I know so far is that I will be getting WP 7.8 very soon -but is that then it? No WP8 ever with all the new apps etc?
  5. Even if no offcial WP8 update, is it possible for a custom/ported WP8 rom to run on it?

1. No
  2. No
  3. Probably Not
  4. 7.8 has the new start screen, maybe new lock screen, and 7.5 apps will probably still be made
  5. No idea about ported ROMs - Windows CE and Windows 8 are very different OS's

I looked all over market, could only find an offline flash file player, not an internet flash video streamer which is what I'm really after

Ah right, maybe that was what I saw, it had the red flash logo as its own logo, like I say I never tried it though

I think you'll have to wait till hell freezes over.

I heard that's the estimated release date... :p

So will BBC/Channel 4/ITV switch their websites to HTML5 rather than flash? (hope so)

Probably not anytime soon, as right now only Flash or Silverlight (so in other words: plugin technologies) allow for the "protection" of their content. *sigh*

Glassed Silver:mac

My Windows Phone is a surrogate mobile device, so I don't see why it should support computer technologies that belongs elsewhere like Flash.

The BBC will not be supporting HTML 5 video, until the W3C can implement some kind of DRM mechanism in it

Exactly, and I'd rather have less content via HTML5 than see that bullcrap (DRM) spread even more.

Exactly, and I'd rather have less content via HTML5 than see that bullcrap (DRM) spread even more.

Streaming services such as Netflix can not, and will not, be able to exist without some form of DRM. It just isn't going to happen for obvious reasons.

Streaming services such as Netflix can not, and will not, be able to exist without some form of DRM. It just isn't going to happen for obvious reasons.

I said less content via HTML 5.

They can keep their Flash and continue offering apps. :p

GS:ios