What the hell has happened to arch linux?

Well the consensus says that you should use Gnome in shift.

And the consensus is gnome is borked and doesn't work (and they're happy to leave it like that).

Why're you so bothered anyway, you're not even working/helping with the project ?

So I'm a potential user of the project. And technically the consensus is that the "fallback" solution you're using as your main DE despite fallback meaning, absolute las resort, not main working branch use at own risk if noting else works, is the ones that's broken, not actual Gnome, which won your poll.

What's the point of making a new distro, if you're not gong to listen to the not, you asked for, and you're going to be the only user?

'Gnome fallback' does not mean 'gnome last broken unmaintained last resort ever do not use', it means 'gnome 2.x look and feel'.

If I'm the only user then I'm the only user, at the end of the day the idea of shift2 isn't to have a huge userbase - if it does then that's great but the whole point of it was to work as a team to get a better understanding of linux/gnu/arch and make things work and solve problems, OK so it hasn't really worked out that well yet due to other things taking priority with other people but it's there.

Hehehe, so many people using the gnome desktop environment. As it is packed with many features the likelihood of it running bugfree is pretty low (even in stable versions). This is the main reason why I opt for windows managers and other software for extra functionality in bleeding edge linux distributions. Not to mention that they function way better in a whole. Awesome is awesome!

I never used awesome because it's like a full screen where windows mishmash to take up the whole screen iirc? On 2+ monitors I can see it working well but on one monitor with a rubbish resolution it'd drive me nuts! (If awesome wm is the one I'm thinking of)

I believe you can set different windows where you want. So not matter if you have one screen or 2, you can still position it.