Galaxy Nexus Issue (just venting)

Not really here to look for a solution, just vent my anger a little bit.

So a quick background about my phone: I bought the Galaxy Nexus in Singapore in March this year, and have been using it with no problems up until now in Melbourne. Have the latest version (4.2.1) installed on my phone, and it's great.

I have a friend (the only other person I know) who also has a Galaxy Nexus, bought in Korea and he's currently using it in Korea.

A few days ago, probably the 1st or 2nd of November, we both discover that Youtube isn't working on our devices (videos pop up an error 500). Because we both had the same problem, we assumed that it was global. However after about an hour of searching the webz for a solution, we were surprised to find that there was not a single mention of the error happening to anybody else. Nobody had even a remotely similar problem.

So we decided to ignore that, and continued using our Galaxy Nexuses, until we both discovered that later that day we had problems connecting to wifi and 3G. When the device shows blue for connected, apps will still not load data, and sometimes there would be no internet at all for a few hours, on both wifi and 3G. Reinstalls, wipes and factory resets did not fix the problem.

It is now three or four days into the issue, and it's getting frustrating, so I decided to contact Google for support on this.

However, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTACT GOOGLE. The first thing I do is go to the online help center, only to find that it's for non-Google Play issues. Then I navigate to the Android variety of the help center, to find that the majority of the radio buttons were for issues regarding buying and obtaining a device. Luckily I found one option near the bottom of the help center saying "Technical Support", and happily click that. However, THE WEBSITE STOPPED LOADING DATA. I thought this strange, and looked around for a bit. After a long time of scrolling through the source data of the website, I found the issue and did some simple javascript injecting to get to the next part. THE NEXT PART ONLY OFFERS HELP FOR NEXUS 4, 7 AND 10, AND TAKES ME TO THE ORIGINAL HELP CENTER. :crazy:

This is where it gets bad. So I decide to call Google. Front desk, tech support, business support, developer bugs, janitor, I don't care. I just want to be able to talk to somebody who at least works in the HQ. There is no number to call for technical support, which I thought reasonable enough. Business support requires some appointment beforehand, developer bugs only accepted emails and on the website they indirectly say they will ignore all irrelevant emails, and the janitor didn't have a dedicated website. So I call the front office, and go through the somewhat repetitive dialing instructions, all the while ignoring the repeated reminder that the front desk does NOT do tech support. Finally get to the end and they say my error seems to be a technical problem, PLEASE REFER TO THE ONLINE HELP CENTER. :angry: Angry, I try again except bull****ting some dial-path so that I can just talk to somebody. I was put on hold for 20 minutes and nobody picked up. I called Mountain View HQ too which is apparently the wrong number (tried using the country code in a variety of ways too).

This is obviously not just a problem happening to me. It's happening to my friend who's in an entirely different continent from me. It must be happening to some others as well. THERE IS NOTHING ON BLOGSITES, NEWS SITES, OFFICIAL GOOGLE PAGES, TWITTER, GOOGLE+, NEOWIN OR ANY OTHER SITE THAT I COULD POSSIBLY THINK OF. :/

So you'd think "chill out dude... Just send them an email". Well guess what? I tried that too and I couldn't for the life of me find an email address or form to fill. Not just for Android support, but for the whole help center shebang. Yes. I checked each and every one of the options.

Microsoft offers amazing call-support. Apple has its Genius bars, where the heck is Google's technical support center? Maybe Google is taking a page out of Apple's book, slowly destroying obsolete devices to force customers to update. I mean I dunno *shrugs* it looks like I'm pretty helpless right now. :cry:

Call Google Play device support

To talk to a member of the Google Play team, call 855-836-3987. Our support team is available 24/7.

Straight form googles site

I tried that. No luck =( That number didn't even connect.

Edit: Just tried again. Got through to somebody in CA. He wasn't much help though he told me to contact my carrier and apologized for not being much help. -.-

I tried that. No luck =( That number didn't even connect.

Edit: Just tried again. Got through to somebody in CA. He wasn't much help though he told me to contact my carrier and apologized for not being much help. -.-

Your issue might be due to the fact that your radio baseband on the phone is for singapore region... now you are in melbourne, which probably requires a different radio/baseband. I realize that it was working, but you probably should still look into flashing the correct baseband for your region, you will probably fix or at least get you better 3G reception.

Don't bother with google support, its useless, go to XDA forums.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1405345

There is the list of radios/basebands for different regions, you are probably going to have to root and install a different recovery to flash the radio though, so if you aren't familiar with that that it might require some more reading, but you should be able to find all your answers there.

There is the list of radios/basebands for different regions, you are probably going to have to root and install a different recovery to flash the radio though, so if you aren't familiar with that that it might require some more reading, but you should be able to find all your answers there.

Would love to root, but that'd break the warranty wouldn't it? Still doesn't make sense why my friend in an entirely different continent is having the same problem.

No it does not break the warranty, you need driver first and you can use my universal drivers here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1379875

You will also need fastboot and you can flash and many radio you want and it will very hard to break your phone, its a nexus so dont be scared to flash.

To do this you need to run "fastboot oem unlock then you can flash away. When done you can "fastboot oem lock" to to put it back to its original state and again this does not break your warranty. Do not flash anything but roms with the recovery just use fastboot after the unlock.

Depending what carrier you are own you will be suggested to use a specific radio.

DVKK6 = Telstra

DVLE1 = Vodaphone

You know what dude download this package here:

https://dl.google.co...ry-92830c0b.tgz (MD5: 92830c0b09d186c53548664bf2049c9b7c896ae4)

Source:

https://developers.g...us/images#takju

This is the factory 4.1.2 Jellybean update including google wallet (takju). Put you phone into fastboot boot by turn off then holding the vol+ and vol- at same time. Turn on the phone while holding. Then in windows device manager point my drivers to the device.

0) Extract package you just downloaded and go to folder in command prompt

1) fasboot oem unlock

*** This will erase your phone so back up everything first including the SDCARD contents!!!!!

2) Run the windows flash all.bat - Its safe! =)

*** Once done sign into the phone and set up everything you need.

3) Power down the go back into fastboot

*** Now that you are on the fastboot less flash you new fresh install with the right radio

4) extract the radio into the same folder *.img

5) fasboot flash radio AutrailaRadioNameHere.img

*** This will send the radio and flash just the radio

6) Reboot and see if life is good.

7) Optional: relock your your bootloader by using "fastboot oem lock"

I do not think this will help with this issue but please try and it like a fresh coat of paint. Hope this helps but make sure to select the right region.

**Update**

What country is your google account set to as well?