Photo

Xbox music app issues

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_xiphi_*

Guest_xiphi_*

Posted 08 November 2012 - 16:57

Does anyone else search for a song they have locally and when they play it, get the 30 preview on Xbox Music? What happened to free streaming? Why are half the songs only the preview version? And why is there no visual indication that a song isn't available to listen to? I think this app is only an example for third parties to come in and replace...

This is another issue I have with the app. Searching has become a pain. One of Zune's best hidden features was that I could quickly go to an artist just by typing as long as the artists column was active.

As far as the 30 second previews goes, that entirely depends on the artists and record labels whether they want to allow it or not. I have encountered that same issue, though.

#17 drewho

drewho

Neowinian

Posted 08 November 2012 - 19:06

so far the program is useless for me, no matter how i tag my albums it mixes them up, gets the wrong tracks and then multiple versions of the same album, in fact it even deletes stuff if it feels like it. :(
i give up with it

#18 pinTero

pinTero

quelqu'un

Posted 10 November 2012 - 13:38

I'm wondering, is there any way to quickly get back to the Home Screen, to access My Music and stuff. When i'm doing multiple searches and reading artists bios, i have to hit Back tens of times to finally return Home. There has to be a better way .. or there just is'nt. :s
And there definitely isn't any way to see or even edit the Now Playing playlist!?
Who the hell wrote this app? You can add songs to current playlist, but you can't see them or edit them in any way. This kind of simplicity is torture.
It's a shame actually, because the music collection is awesome..

#19 Cloud Geek

Cloud Geek

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:13

My biggest problem is missing podcast features http://winsupersite.com/window...one-8-tip-enjoy-podcasts-go I enjoy the free streaming the responsiveness of the search charm searching over wifi to find music and everything else I just miss the podcast features from zune and from what I have read you can't install zune software on windows 8.

#20 Guest_xiphi_*

Guest_xiphi_*

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:15

My biggest problem is missing podcast features http://winsupersite.com/window...one-8-tip-enjoy-podcasts-go I enjoy the free streaming the responsiveness of the search charm searching over wifi to find music and everything else I just miss the podcast features from zune and from what I have read you can't install zune software on windows 8.

That's a flat out lie.

#21 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:38

Xbox Music sucks so far! They've got a lot of work to do. I am kind of regretting switching to Windows 8 on my PC.. I wanted to get my music to the cloud so I could connect to it on my xbox. (I know you can stream directly from PC but you don't get all of the visuals when you don't play from xbox music). I believe they've taken away song ratings which really ****es me off. It was so easy to create auto playlists for songs that I liked.

Anybody know if we'll be able to stream music that we've purchased from the cloud to the xbox? Or are we going to have to pay for a subscription to listen to music that we may have already purchased?

Yes and no. Yes, it does. No, it doesn't always. The streaming service, the matching service, and the music app are in development IMO. There's a multitude of issues. I think it has lots of potential but I would not have RiTM. IMO it's beta quality.

#22 bguy_1986

bguy_1986

Neowinian

Posted 20 November 2012 - 16:41

App was just updated last night again... I didn't seem to notice any difference with my PC..

#23 bguy_1986

bguy_1986

Neowinian

Posted 20 December 2012 - 14:13

Here's a Microsoft Community/Answers post about a WHOLE list of issues with Xbox Music. More people should get onboard with this.

http://answers.micro...69-4626090289a3