Photo

Xbox Video Digital Rights Limitations

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jEN0VA

jEN0VA

Neowinian

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:45

So I recently purchased a couple movies on Xbox Video and was pretty satisfied with the instant on streaming and video quality. I would even consider making the full time switch from blu-ray depending on two factors:

1. When I purchased these movies both of them had dates that I was told I could not redownload or stream them again. In other words, unless I had downloaded the movies already, I would lose access to them. I'm hoping this is just some outdated digital rights usage message. If you purchase a movie full price you should be able to redownload it or stream it as often you like. That's how the Apple Store works. So I'm curious, has anyone bought a movie and been able to stream it or download it again beyond the supposed end date?

2. I like to bring movies over to peoples houses an watch them. If the person had an Xbox, would I be able to sign into my Xbox profile and access my Xbox Video media? Has anyone been able to go on another Xbox and watch Xbox Video content?

Thanks.

#2 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:51

Unless that's some sort of rental I think that's wrong. I'm not on o e of those teams currently so not sure if anything changed.

I always stream my purchases and have never had an issue. That is including stuff I bought years ago.

#3 Aergan

Aergan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

Posted 17 November 2012 - 22:04

For the UK I think we only have the option to Rent, be it Stream or DLC. I would check the information for terms/rights on the purchase page.