ipad mini

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 OP Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• Phone: Galaxy Note 2

Posted 05 November 2012 - 16:17

Apple has physical stores they own and employees they pay working in them, while Google and Amazon don't.

It's also been established that Amazon sells the Fire under the assumption that people will either subscribe to Prime or buy things through their store.

While I understand that Apple does have stores and employees to pay, they must also understand that the competition is there and its getting better and better and in order to complete with them, you must either price your product at the same price as the competition or lower, not higher. I rather take a $50.00 and sell 10 million units rather than take a $100.00 and only sell 3 million.

#17 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 05 November 2012 - 16:24

While I understand that Apple does have stores and employees to pay, they must also understand that the competition is there and its getting better and better and in order to complete with them, you must either price your product at the same price as the competition or lower, not higher. I rather take a $50.00 and sell 10 million units rather than take a $100.00 and only sell 3 million.

Apple has never done this, nor will they ever. Also, competing for the bottom dollar is not a sound business practice. Ask Dell or HP or Gateway how they're doing these days.

#18 OP Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• Phone: Galaxy Note 2

Posted 05 November 2012 - 16:35

Apple has never done this, nor will they ever. Also, competing for the bottom dollar is not a sound business practice. Ask Dell or HP or Gateway how they're doing these days.

$250.00 would have been a much more fair price rather than $329.00, don't you think? In order to compete in this tablet world we have now, you must make sacrifices some times and I am sure that selling that iPad Mini for $250.00 was not going to hurt Apple's Ego.

#19 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 05 November 2012 - 17:03

Why The iPad Mini Doesn’t Sell For $199

Because it doesn't have to.

#20 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 November 2012 - 17:04

$250.00 would have been a much more fair price rather than $329.00, don't you think? In order to compete in this tablet world we have now, you must make sacrifices some times and I am sure that selling that iPad Mini for $250.00 was not going to hurt Apple's Ego.

No offense, but I'm pretty sure Apple thought about this longer than you did.

#21 RichardK

RichardK

Neowinian

Posted 05 November 2012 - 17:05

Wondering why Apple latest toy doesn't sell cheap? Here's why:

http://www.cultofmac...t-sell-for-199/

It's really very simple. As long as people still continue to pay the price they set, there is no reason for them to price it any lower.

#22 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 05 November 2012 - 17:21

No offense, but I'm pretty sure Apple thought about this longer than you did.

Imagine if Apple had peopel whose job it was to analyse the market and product supply and demand and create a graph that showed at what price the product would earn them the most money, based on price and number of sales at that price.

;)

Yeah, Apple pretty much got this figured out, they also have no interest in selling the dveice to cheap, even if a lower price would earn them more, they might not want to. it makes the device less desireable.

#23 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:12

If anyone feels they are getting ripped off by buying a iPad mini, the best solution is not buy one.

#24 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:43

Ok so it costs 188 to make, then why not sell at 250$ which would be reasonable for a high end device in this category?

#25 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:48

Something I want to toss out there (and no I'm not an Apple fan in general) is that the costs mentioned are just the cost of making the device.

The estimates factor cost of materials...they often don't factor in R&D costs, labor costs, marketing costs, etc.

#26 Buttus

Buttus

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:00

I think they should have priced it higher. Start at $399, or even $459. They know that the apple people will buy it, and they know that in 6 months when they release a newer one, people will buy that too.

#27 AngelGraves13

AngelGraves13

Neowinian

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:21

It's redundant.

If you're gonna get an iPad, get an iPad. Why get the mini?

#28 vhane

vhane

Neowinian

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:26

Apple will still struggle to meet demand at the current price. If we go by your analogy, Apple would rather sell 10 million units at $100.00 each than sell 10 million units at $50.00 each.

It's redundant.

If you're gonna get an iPad, get an iPad. Why get the mini?

They said the same about the iPod Mini. Which went on to outsell the original iPod.

#29 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:31

I'm fine with it as my dads company buys him each of the newest iPad, each time I get the previous model replaced. Free iPad2 in my room. :) /trollingwhilewinning

#30 Gaara sama

Gaara sama

Neowinian

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:33

Because Apple is all about Money.

im so happy that i buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1!!!!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!