Deja-vu: Neowin editor leaves to start his own site

Great shame, but good luck for the future, I'm sure many people including me will continue to read his stuff on his site ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Wow! Not sure how I missed this post.

Anyways, I stepped down after having spent 6.5 years running around and creating content for everyone to read. I can't stress enough that this was a personal decision and has nothing to do with any drama on the backend. In fact, the site is stronger than ever with traffic being exceptionally high. My goal was to leave the site better than when I found it, and I believe I succeeded at doing that :)

I started Winsyde as more of a personal site to follow Microsoft and to write some content that generally did not site well with Neowin readers...such as content like this http://www.winsyde.c...o-smokes-crack/ or http://www.winsyde.c...d-scope-report/

When applicable, I try to add more opinion and flavor to the posts as well which Neowin readers didn't seem to fond of me doing. At the end of the day, I take a different approach to what I was doing here with a mashup of the old engadget style and a bit of tenacity for those who spread bad information. It's fun adventure for me and knowing I left Neowin with my head held high and having passed along the correct contacts to the current staff, there is plenty of room on the 'net for another Microsoft site.

• 2 weeks later...

Why does this site now go to some crappy windows observer site? Someone take over your domain?

Yeah..What is going on? Is the name of the site Windows Observer? Because that is where all the links take me.

Why does this site now go to some crappy windows observer site? Someone take over your domain?

Yeah..What is going on? Is the name of the site Windows Observer? Because that is where all the links take me.

I believe he's either sold or given the domain to another person. Brad Sams is now back home (:p)