Windows 8 Pro with Media Center Problem.

I have Windows 8 Pro with Media Center installed on my 2010 Mid Year Mac Mini (the Apple Boot Camp Partition), however I am NOT getting offered any of the Windows 8 Security Updates like the Adobe Flash Update for Windows 8 (11.4). Is anyone else having the same problem and exactly how do we notify Microsoft about this problem with out them charging us the $35.00?

I first Updgraded to the $39.99 Windows 8 Pro Edition from Windows 7, then I Upgraded to the Windows 8 Pro with Media Center using the free Product Key E-mail Page on the Windows 8 Home Page. The X64 Windows 7 is OEM from http://www.newegg.com/

Flash on Windows 8 is 11.3.375.10.

There is no Flash 11.4 build currently for IE in Windows 8. So are you sure that you don't have the latest build?

Also if you're not getting updates it will show an error...is there an error showing in Windows Update?

Not True, a couple of days ago (before I re-installed Windows 8) there were several Security Updates for Windows 8 including one for Adobe Flash that now are no longer being offered on Windows Update. The Adobe Flash Security Update did indeed update it to 11.4. Just FYI.

Ok...I'm not sure why you're saying that...but these are the facts:

11.3.375.10 is the latest verison of Flash for Windows 8, even according to Adobe themselves...and they are the ones who make the software.

If you somehow have 11.4 for Internet Explorer on Windows 8 you won't mind going to this link and copy/pasting your version data. :)

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

It should say:

You have version 11,3,375,10 installed

I believe that there is indeed at least one other post in this Forum about how Windows Update on Windows 8 is NOT functioning correctly at the present moment, most likely due to the fact that he did NOT realize that my post was also about Windows Update due to how I named the subject of this post. Just FYI.

I already said that I don't have those Security Updates anymore do to Reinstalling Windows 8 and they are now gone from Windows Update.

Okay turns out that other post is about Windows Update on Windows 7.

Right, and that's why I said to post your Flash version.

The only Flash update that has happened was to version 11.3.375.10

There hasn't been an update to 11.4 released. Just a newer 11.3 build.

That's why I gave that link. If you have 11.3.375.10 then you have the lastest build for Windows 8.

If you don't want to follow that link though and confirm the version that's ok.

Platform Browser Player version Windows Internet Explorer (and other browsers that support Internet Explorer ActiveX controls and plug-ins) 11.4.402.287 Internet Explorer (Windows 8) 11.3.375.10 Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera (and other plugin-based browsers) 11.4.402.287 Chrome (Pepper-based Flash Player) 11.4.31.110 Macintosh

OS X Firefox, Opera, Safari 11.4.402.287 Chrome (NPAPI-based Flash Player) 11.4.402.287 Linux Mozilla, Firefox, SeaMonkey (Flash Player 11.2 is the last supported Flash Player version for Linux. Adobe will continue to provide security updates.) 11.2.202.243 Chrome (Pepper-based Flash Player) 11.4.31.110 Solaris Flash Player 11.2.202.223 is the last supported Flash Player version for Solaris.

thats the list of current versions :p windows 8 version is behind the other windows versions

DKAngel you copied the entire table (and the formatting didn't stick) showing the various versions.

I was recommending that Kevin paste the Version Information. It's in a smaller box right under the animation showing that Flash is installed and is specific to the browser and version of Flash that is installed.

yeah i copied the entire table to show him that he is wrong :p

its allright he is allso whinging about it on the technet forums and actually not listening to people

BTW Kevin...here's the latest Flash update info.

You have version 11,3,376,12 installed

There was an update yesterday. I figured you would want to know...so still no 11.4 or higher as of yet.