Get Battlefield 1942 for free on Origin

Battlefield? is celebrating its 10th Anniversary. Now available on Origin as a digital download for the first time, experience Battlefield 1942?, the game that started it all.

Original game description:

Relive the greatest war in history in Battlefield 1942. Experience the heat of battle as you heroically storm the beaches of Normandy, drive a tank across the deserts of northern Africa or pilot a fighter plane during the Battle of Midway. Choose your weapon and then jump into an all-out, raging firefight. From bazookas to battleships, a massive arsenal is at your command. Prepare to face the enemy in the air, in the deep and on the battlefield!

Game features:

• Fight on to victory: Experience all-out combat in all four theaters: South Pacific, North Africa, Eastern and Western Europe.
  • Duke it out in huge online skirmishes: Go to war online with up to 64 players in one explosive online battle.
  • Turn the tide with grit and gunpowder: Take control of 35 machines of war. You'll pick up the sidearm of your choice and get behind the wheel of a variety of vehicles, ships, and aircraft to go to war on land, sea, and air during some of the most famous and pivotal battles of the Second World War.

We are now offering this all-time classic to all players for free! If you have any questions on this release of Battlefield 1942, check the FAQ below.

Source

• Like 3

Origin. The way to go to spoil a free offer.

on the good side theres less crybabies running the show then steam can get

Origin. The way to go to spoil a free offer.

What's wrong with Origin?

Looks like you can also get 50% MoH: Warfighter when you buy BF3 Premium. Not a bad deal for a game that just came out. Though I don't know if it's any good or not.

on the good side theres less crybabies running the show then steam can get

And I had nary a problem getting the game via Origin (which is also adverting the promotion on the client) - and yes, I live in the US, so this isn't an everywhere-but-NA-promotion this time.

I had played other BF games - just not this one.

• 2 months later...
Celebrate 10 years of Battlefield with the game that started it all. The most intense WWII combat action ever to hit your pc is now free to play.

Yep free!!

You can find it on origin in the demo section.

Man, I loved 1942. A group of us would go down to the Internet Cafe and spend an entire afternoon mowing one another down. Is it only available via Origin?

Is this another NA only thing?

Nope. I see it. Why do they put it under "demos" instead of "free games"? Weird.

Size: 1248GB

I managed to find it under demos and I live in the UK. Will download and see whether it's the full product or not

I hate how I'm from Costa Rica (Central America) and the store sends me to Europe to pay with Euros (worst than dollars for me)...

Thanks for the heads up!

(I remember the flying in the wings of the planes, or capture the flag with a flying plane pickup) hehe.