Comet Goes into Administration

Haha, they posted adverts this week for Christmas staff so I applied. Needless to say I don't think that application will be going anywhere soon :p

Just tell them you got laid off from comet ;)

i hope they weed out the staff that know jack all about the products they sell.

i was looking for a new lightweight laptop and the guy i was dealing with tryed to convince me that a "mac book air" was the way togo

because apple sell 12TB hdds apparently.

In my experience people who work in those shops aren't taught to know their technology, they're taught to talk people that don't know what they're doing into buying things they don't really need.

In my experience people who work in those shops aren't taught to know their technology, they're taught to talk people that don't know what they're doing into buying things they don't really need.

that may be true in some cases but to be told a total pack of lies by some idiot who would find tieing his shoe laces a major crypton factor challenge

that such devices are available is unacceptable and breaks several trading laws.

anyway this so called "firesale" is nothing to get excited about big ticket item stock would have been sold off to bigger stores. people cant compare the hp touchpad fire-sale to this kind of sale because this is a totaly different situation.

websites reporting this firesale are poping up all over the web like mushrooms. so be carful about what sites your looking at its an ideal time for

malware and virus coders to take advantage of people who think they are onto a deal.

A friend just popped into a store over lunch and said all stock had been reduced by 10%.

But Dixons and Comet are run by the same people...

It's like John Lewis given Waitrose staff jobs lol.

... No they're not. you're thinking of Dixons and the now defunct Curry's.

The sale started this morning, it's in-store only, and according to tweets, it's crap.

A friend just popped into a store over lunch and said all stock had been reduced by 10%.

Yep, that's pretty much it. Read another tweet saying the only other discount was 20% off kitchen appliances. Everything's still cheaper online, so the only people they'll get buying things in there are people using up their gift vouchers (and the gullible ones).