Windows 8 crash after resume from sleep

Hi,

I've experienced the following problem several times already on my Windows 8 install. Steps are:

1. Computer is in S3 ACPI sleep (or hybrid sleep I guess per the latest Windows 8 implementation)

2. I wake up the computer - it comes on-line, I login, click a web browser, etc.

3. About 30 seconds later - black screen, hard reboot required

After the reboot I have the following in the event log:

"Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC00000BB."

Hibernation is actually disabled.

Ideas? Thanks.

There are many responses to similar questions in other forums that Expat Shield's core proxy drivers are the cause, fixable by uninstalling Expat Shield. I was having the same problem, and that cleared it up immediately.

Hi,

I've experienced the following problem several times already on my Windows 8 install. Steps are:

1. Computer is in S3 ACPI sleep (or hybrid sleep I guess per the latest Windows 8 implementation)

2. I wake up the computer - it comes on-line, I login, click a web browser, etc.

3. About 30 seconds later - black screen, hard reboot required

After the reboot I have the following in the event log:

"Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC00000BB."

Hibernation is actually disabled.

Ideas? Thanks.

make sure your chipset drivers are fully up to date, specifically your sata controller if you use intel make sure intel rst is most up to date

I've had the same problems, so I've started either going to hibernate or just shutting down. I will probably eventually get a new rig sometime next year, so I'm not worrying too much. Having said that, I've not tried resuming from Sleep since I got the big update to Windows 8 a few weeks back.