Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Show Off Your Website Here

179 posts in this topic

Posted

Damn bro, I had the same experience as you before. Sorry to hear.

Thank you for your sympathy, it was indeed a horrible experience for my first big funded project, the funny thing is the guy claimed he was based in america with a team, however when I looked at my analytics I had only received ip's from india :/ .

Damn the design looks horrible :s

I'm willing to give the design a update for a good price if you want, the designs/mockups are free of charge untill you pick one ^^

This sounds great lets please get in contact I will send you my personal email address in a private message so that I can have your contact information when I am ready for a redesign in the next 3 months is the the frame I will be ready.

Ive not built a site in like 5yrs, but even I could build a better looking and loading site on my own. And for around a 10th of the price ><

This makes me feel sick to my stomach knowing this is 100% true,the next time I am going to spend my hard earned money on a passion of mine its going to be through a long term member of neowin thats for sure.

The 1990's called, they want their website back. :)

Seriously though, It's a shame you got taken advantage of like that. That is a simply hideous design, and for that kinda dough, absolutely unacceptable.

As others have offered, you should take one of them up on a redesign. The site won't look like a flashback of the past, and for a fraction of the cost.

Believe me after that experience I am never going back to elance.com for my web design needs, I had always got GREAT content developed from elance writers so I went in too confident with my web design needs. For my future needs it will be a neowin web designer, I will most likely post a thread asking for neowin members to vouch for other neowin members who are web designers when I am ready for my next web design project.

Thanks to every fellow neowin and their input.

Posted

This sounds great lets please get in contact I will send you my personal email address in a private message so that I can have your contact information when I am ready for a redesign in the next 3 months is the the frame I will be ready.

Sure, I'll wait for your pm ^^

Posted

Thank you for your sympathy, it was indeed a horrible experience for my first big funded project, the funny thing is the guy claimed he was based in america with a team, however when I looked at my analytics I had only received ip's from india :/ .

It always ends up to be like that unfortunately, that's exactly why I learned the language myself. :)

Good luck bro!

Posted

www.neowin.net

I never knew of that site before but it looks good... :ninja:

Posted

Sure, I'll wait for your pm ^^

Pm Sent!

Awaiting response :)

It always ends up to be like that unfortunately, that's exactly why I learned the language myself. :)

Good luck bro!

Thanks.

Posted

http://intp.co

lol

This is actually a project I've been meaning to work on for a bit, I was hoping to create some kind of community for INTP's, just stuck on a design if anyone wants to throw something simple together. Its not going to display ads or anything like that, just going to be run out of my own pocket

Posted

Bump! Let's go people! MOAR

Posted

Updated my site seapip.com ^^

Contactform isn't working yet, looking into a clean php way.

Posted

Posted

Make the top bar smaller when I scroll down and add "outline: 0;" to anchor elements, I hate those dotted outlines on click :p

Overall nice design.

Cool vector logo btw ^^

Do you use css3 transitions or jquery animations? I couldn't find the main css files that easily since the html layout is a bit messy xD

Posted

Make the top bar smaller when I scroll down and add "outline: 0;" to anchor elements, I hate those dotted outlines on click :p

Overall nice design.

Cool vector logo btw ^^

Do you use css3 transitions or jquery animations? I couldn't find the main css files that easily since the html layout is a bit messy xD

I keep the outlines in case of using the keyboard & tabbed through the links.

The HTML is not messy I just minify it.

I'm using CSS3 transformation & transitions & everything degrades gracefully even the Vector logo ;) & the website is responsive too :)

Posted

I keep the outlines in case of using the keyboard & tabbed through the links.

The HTML is not messy I just minify it.

I'm using CSS3 transformation & transitions & everything degrades gracefully even the Vector logo ;) & the website is responsive too :)

Nice I already hoped it were css3 transitions, jquery is over used these days :p

And yeah messy(minified) html vs tidy(commented) html has always been a war about which one is really better xD I personally like the tidy html since it's easier to edit ^^

I saw the responsive mediaqueries, very cool! Still gotta write them myself for my own site lol

And what did you do to degrade the vector logo? IE css stylesheets that use a png instead?

You could try adding a animation to the svg logo with css3 ^^

Posted

We should sticky this thread. I seriously love seeing the websites of Neowin members

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh yeah as well as

Imgus

Imgus.net

http://www.imgus.net

Posted

I've been lurking here and there, but this is my website. Its a work in progress. Only have the home page uploaded thus far.

http://www.mambug.com

Posted

I've been lurking here and there, but this is my website. Its a work in progress. Only have the home page uploaded thus far.

http://www.mambug.com

Great looking site! Though I find it a little bit too dark for my eyes. -_-

Posted

I thought your second navigation (the one closer to the content) was broken for a second till I realized you went with a 2-color nav. Kinda cool but I would try to make the the bottom color closer to the top color so it doesn't appear broken to visitors.

Ok I ran with your tip, do check it out, I like it more like this. I also changed the color for the hover:

http://www.paranormalmovies.org/

Posted

Mooooore?

Posted

Here is my blog:

www.UnderstandingExistence.net

This is just a wordpress.com free template, tweaked with background, menus and widgets.

Posted

Here's my firefox themes website.

http://firefox.shayconcepts.com

I havent updated it in a long time though :(

1 person likes this

Posted

Very interesting thread. Considering how popular it is to show off ones customized desktop or workstation I wonder why these kinds of threads aren't more common and popular, don't think I've seen one on a forum before actually. Surely a lot of people on here have their own websites?

Anyway, I built a website for myself about a month ago now, built most of it over the course of a week, though I have been tweaking bits and pieces here and there since then like the responsive/reactive design which I added just yesterday. Site is here: http://leonick.se