• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#46 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:29

I paid $8,500.00 USD on elance.com for this ebay deal finder to be made,
http://seethecouponf...bay-deal-finder
I regret doing business with the person I hired as you can see the website doesn't load very quickly and theres nothing too exciting about the graphics as he lied to me that he had a team of graphic designers but did not.

If anyone has any advise for me on picking my next web designer please do recommend because I will be involved in another project in a couple of months.

Ive not built a site in like 5yrs, but even I could build a better looking and loading site on my own. And for around a 10th of the price ><

#47 Marshall

Marshall

▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅

• Tech Issues Solved: 7

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:36

I paid $8,500.00 USD on elance.com for this ebay deal finder to be made,
http://seethecouponf...bay-deal-finder
I regret doing business with the person I hired as you can see the website doesn't load very quickly and theres nothing too exciting about the graphics as he lied to me that he had a team of graphic designers but did not.

If anyone has any advise for me on picking my next web designer please do recommend because I will be involved in another project in a couple of months.

The 1990's called, they want their website back. :)

Seriously though, It's a shame you got taken advantage of like that. That is a simply hideous design, and for that kinda dough, absolutely unacceptable.

As others have offered, you should take one of them up on a redesign. The site won't look like a flashback of the past, and for a fraction of the cost.

#48 +InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: OnePlus One

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:59

Wow, didn't know you were on neowin Insane, haha. I go to digiex for xbox stuff.

Haha very small world it appears! I actually discovered Neowin back in 2001, however it took me two years to finally sign up!

Nice to know someone here has heard of Digiex (Y) can't say I recognise your name if you have signed up.

#49 Senaxx

Senaxx

Neowinian

Posted 12 November 2012 - 13:41

I have made http://www.ps3scenefiles.com/

A lot of PS3 Scene related files and firmwares. Still a lot of development todo since the software / script i'm using is lacking features.

#50 robertobaggio2k

robertobaggio2k

Don Corleone

• Phone: iPhone 4

Posted 12 November 2012 - 13:59

here's mine http://www.webdesigner-toronto.ca :)

#51 Seetheworldsecond

Seetheworldsecond

SeeTheWorldSecond

• Phone: Samsung Note 2

Posted 12 November 2012 - 18:37

Damn bro, I had the same experience as you before. Sorry to hear.

Thank you for your sympathy, it was indeed a horrible experience for my first big funded project, the funny thing is the guy claimed he was based in america with a team, however when I looked at my analytics I had only received ip's from india :/ .

Damn the design looks horrible :s
I'm willing to give the design a update for a good price if you want, the designs/mockups are free of charge untill you pick one ^^

This sounds great lets please get in contact I will send you my personal email address in a private message so that I can have your contact information when I am ready for a redesign in the next 3 months is the the frame I will be ready.

Ive not built a site in like 5yrs, but even I could build a better looking and loading site on my own. And for around a 10th of the price ><

This makes me feel sick to my stomach knowing this is 100% true,the next time I am going to spend my hard earned money on a passion of mine its going to be through a long term member of neowin thats for sure.

The 1990's called, they want their website back. :)

Seriously though, It's a shame you got taken advantage of like that. That is a simply hideous design, and for that kinda dough, absolutely unacceptable.

As others have offered, you should take one of them up on a redesign. The site won't look like a flashback of the past, and for a fraction of the cost.

Believe me after that experience I am never going back to elance.com for my web design needs, I had always got GREAT content developed from elance writers so I went in too confident with my web design needs. For my future needs it will be a neowin web designer, I will most likely post a thread asking for neowin members to vouch for other neowin members who are web designers when I am ready for my next web design project.

Thanks to every fellow neowin and their input.

#52 +Seahorsepip

Seahorsepip

http://seapip.com

• Tech Issues Solved: 23
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 12 November 2012 - 18:58

This sounds great lets please get in contact I will send you my personal email address in a private message so that I can have your contact information when I am ready for a redesign in the next 3 months is the the frame I will be ready.

Sure, I'll wait for your pm ^^

#53 OP Eddie7

Eddie7

Hallo... www.connectw.me

• Phone: 1-800-CALL-ME-MAYBE

Posted 12 November 2012 - 21:09

Thank you for your sympathy, it was indeed a horrible experience for my first big funded project, the funny thing is the guy claimed he was based in america with a team, however when I looked at my analytics I had only received ip's from india :/ .

It always ends up to be like that unfortunately, that's exactly why I learned the language myself. :)

Good luck bro!

#54 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1u1

Posted 12 November 2012 - 21:15

www.littleneutrino.com/main
www.beumel.net

#55 Krome

Krome

Neowinian God!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 21:41

www.neowin.net

I never knew of that site before but it looks good... :ninja:

#56 Seetheworldsecond

Seetheworldsecond

SeeTheWorldSecond

• Phone: Samsung Note 2

Posted 12 November 2012 - 22:08

Sure, I'll wait for your pm ^^

Pm Sent!
Awaiting response :)

It always ends up to be like that unfortunately, that's exactly why I learned the language myself. :)

Good luck bro!

Thanks.

#57 phate

phate

INTP

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:21

http://intp.co

lol

This is actually a project I've been meaning to work on for a bit, I was hoping to create some kind of community for INTP's, just stuck on a design if anyone wants to throw something simple together. Its not going to display ads or anything like that, just going to be run out of my own pocket

#58 thatguyandrew1992

thatguyandrew1992

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:14

Bump! Let's go people! MOAR

#59 +Seahorsepip

Seahorsepip

http://seapip.com

• Tech Issues Solved: 23
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 17 November 2012 - 17:08

Updated my site seapip.com ^^
Contactform isn't working yet, looking into a clean php way.

#60 A.Gabri

A.Gabri

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 4s

Posted 17 November 2012 - 18:51

http://gabri.me