Windows 8 Hardware Question

Hello everyone.

First, let me say that I have not been looking and low end hardware...

But in looking for a Windows 8 machine, I've noticed a couple of things that I've never run into when looking for a computer in the past and was wondering if anyone else noticed this...

1) First, I've noticed a lot of, what appears to be, substandard screens... You can actually see vertical lines going through the entirety of the screen, which can make text and images a little grainy... I don't think this is the OS, as in a VM on my current machine, I don't see this. But it's very distracting.

2) And the second thing is that I have been having a heck of a time finding a hard drive faster than 5400 RPM. My current computer (Running Vista) came with a 7200 RPM hard drive. Side by side, my old computer copies files more than TWICE as fast as an i7 I was recently trying out... I of course realize that there has been a hard drive shortage, and that this might be the cause, but I wasn't sure if these shortages were still a problem. I haven't heard anything on this in a while...

So, I figured I would post on here to see what everyone thought or if anyone else has noticed this. I'm very eager to upgrade, but want it to be a worthwhile upgrade. :)

Thanks Again,