Lately I've been having some strange issues with my Windows 7 computer. It would be super awesome if someone might have an idea of what's going on.
I attached a video to show what's going on because it can be hard to describe and reproduce.
- From time to time, the program icons on the taskbar become unresponsive where when I click them (they stay in a "onClick" state and the program does not open or does not maximize/minimize). One way to get them to be responsive is to right click the desktop.
- When I hover over application icons to get the window preview in Aero, the preview flashes for a split second and disappears.
- When I try to alt-tab, the alt-tab window flashes for a split second and disappears, making it impossible to switch windows via alt-tab. Windows+tab works, however.
- When I launch Outlook 2010, the splash screen appears and then disappears ONLY when I click it, otherwise it will stay up with the dialog "Starting...". Normally the main outlook window loads in less than a second.
- When I went into windows update, I could not check boxes to select updates. I would click the checkbox, it would flash for a split second and remain unchecked.
- Probably more things I'm not aware of.
Last thing I did was update my AMD drivers to 12.10. The issue with this is that it's hard to reproduce right after a reboot so I'll see if it's a driver issue of some sort.
EDIT: Just want to clarify that these issues go away after restarting. At the time I recorded the video, it was the second time that this started to occur.