I'm thinking of getting a tattoo

First of all, I appreciate beautiful art. Secondly, I can give a meaning to it. So, can anyone of you suggest a good tattoo basted on the one I like reeealy much?

It's this one:

40421136734217335533810.jpg

When you say thinking, how long has this been for?

Remember tattoos are for life, so you should be thinking for months and months then if you still want it get it. I thought about mine for about 8 months, still wanted it so I got it.

Sorry, but with that said, I think that looks bloody awful! Seriously don't do it, you will regret it, tattoos are not cool! (This is not a world view, just my own)

I would suggest you focus on something that you like, and if it's the one above and if you truly want your tattoo to be special, just bring this picture to the artist and ask them to do their thing to it on paper, and see what comes out based on their creativity.

I only suggest this since it appears by you asking for design ideas, that you seemingly only want a tattoo, and aren't married to the design, even if you like that one in the picture.

Don't do it, they are costly to have removed.

The cost is something to consider but also the pain. The pain of getting a tattoo removed is 10 x worse than getting the actual tattoo.

If you are asking others for what to get tattooed, I'd suggest "DON'T"

I'd have to agree with this. It has to be something that only based on your decision and nothing else. No outside source should influence any part of your tattoo, besides the artist, and discuss it with him.

I have 3 tattoos. Got them all 6 years ago and I don't regret them at all. I got all of them on my legs so they are easy to cover-up. They are for me; I'm not a tattoo enthusiast but I've always found them interesting, and I got them for me and me only. I hardly ever "show them off," nor did I let anyone else decided my decision or discuss it with anyone, besides the artist who was also a good friend of mine.

That is the number one thing you need to be sure of. Is it for you, and you only? If so, make the decision yourself, and also, definitely, definitely make sure it is somewhere you can cover it easily.

Other than that, good luck, and make sure it is something you will love for the rest of your life, because it will be there until then.

I have basically two half sleeves, meaning both my arms are more or less covered from my shoulders to the top of my elbows. If I wear a regular T Shirt, you cannot really tell I even have ink, except for a little peaking out of the latest ink I got about a year ago.

With that said, I am an artist, have been my entire life, so everything on me, I drew myself, and all have personal meaning.

My Family Crests (I am half Irish, and half Polish, both are on the back of my arms)CRESTS.gif

My interpretation of the crucifixion...

DL_InkDesign01.gif

My take on a "Royal Flush" in poker (with a joker wild card in place of the 10 card)

DL_InkDesign02.gif

I actually have other ink as well, just do not have images of them like I do for the above.

This is what it looked like actually on my arm about 7 years ago...

DL_Photo01.jpg

As I said, if I wear a shirt with a sleeve, you would not even know. And I STRONGLY suggest considering doing this as well. Truth is, some employers will discriminate against a person with tattoos. If you know you are going to be doing a profession that does not matter, go for it I say.

Biggest thing I can share, since I have always been an artist, I wanted to get tattoos since I was around 12 years old. I waited until I was 26 to get my first.

So really think about it. As stating the brutally obvious, It is a life long commitment. And try to make it as personal as possible. For me all of my ink is not only personal as it all has a meaning to me, but as I shared, I drew it all.

• Like 3

I like tattoos. I'm thinking about it for a year now. Also, every tattoo I like, seems to have a skull and a rose or the colour red.

38906032788620063426998.jpg

60250736176937724595111.jpg

I just want ideas combined with the style I like. And/or more pictures like those.