Google Analytics - What does it register?

Question

12 answers to this question

Open your site in IE9.

press F12 > Disable > CSS.

This is what search engines see. You are loading the content with javascript but its still on the page.

depends on what the site administrator has configured in Google Analytics.

There are multiple ways to configure the code to work:

Static pages (where it loads on a single non dynamic .html page directly inserted into every single html file defined within the site)

Dynamic pages (where it loads on a dynamic page like a forum and it is kept within a global header or footer and is typically on .php or .asp or any other dynamic page type)

Mobile

and then

Multiple Domains

Single Domain

Single File

You must select one type per domain and per profile. a domain (site) can be loaded on more then one profile with different configurations. These set you up with a new analytics profile and are often used for multiple user setups so:

for example I have a site that sells computer gear

I have pc components, networking hardware, and mobile devices

each of those departments has thier own profile and thier own unique ID for the analytics so they can see the stats for thier departments only and not the others.

while the owners have the master profile and can see the whole thing.

In google analytics, site is submitted and xml site map is also submitted. google will crawl that xml site map. All pages of your site are indexed when google bot crawl that file.

What's important is that the damn thing slows down page loads like roadblock.

depends how it's inserted and how your browser is configured.

depends how it's inserted and how your browser is configured.

Not really, every webpage, Neowin included, that uses it, it slows down the loading. just check the status bar, the part of loading the page that takes the longest is when it's doing it's reporting back to google analytics.

Not really, every webpage, Neowin included, that uses it, it slows down the loading. just check the status bar, the part of loading the page that takes the longest is when it's doing it's reporting back to google analytics.

not on my sites and my browser.... facebook hangs more then Google Analytics does

Reporting back isn't synchronous and most of the time neither is the loading so it doesn't slow anything down by any time you'll even notice