• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 C:Amie

C:Amie

Neowinian

• 529 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:37

remixedcat,

Thanks for coming back with that, it is exactly what I wanted (expected) to hear.

I had Anti-Virus 10.0.9 / 8.0.8.1 out already and Anti-Virus 10.2.1 went out over night. The knowledge base links were quite useful.

#17 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,476 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:51

You're most welcome ;) are you still gonna use Sophos?

#18 C:Amie

C:Amie

Neowinian

• 529 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 16:12

Sure, I haven't been presented with any reason to approach management and say that there is a problem that looks like it will undermine the security of the network or of users.

Mistakes and bugs happen in software development; reactionist responses about flocking to a competitor in the face of them just aren't helpful or realistic when you have spent out for site licenses. If their response had been anything else (i.e. "we *may* fix it in SAV11 after you re-license next year [but then again we may not]") or any attempt to downplay or spin it was used then after a threat assessment my response may have been different. In all honesty I find SAV Enterprise Console to be pretty tidy, yes there are a few limitations that I have issue over, but it works - and I prefer it to the likes of F-Secure's equivalent.

Also the thought of having to do a mobile device recall and changing Mac's to another vendor really doesn't appeal on the greater scheme of good uses of one's time :rofl: .

It looks like about 1/3 of my endpoints have picked up 10.2.0 or higher as of right now; about normal for a version change at this point. As usual there is one on the 4th floor that is refusing to update... they only do it because I'm on the ground floor *sigh*
:rolleyes:

#19 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,476 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 10 November 2012 - 00:27

Agreed. I did like their responses as well. They were also very prompt with the replies and I profusely thank them for it.