Windows 8 overtake Android web presence in less than 10 days

This is the kind of people that makes me think world needs another holocaust or two. Same bullsh*t in every thread and feeling like some big goddamn heroes, too. Who the f* said anything about not enjoying Windows 8 so as to warrant that kind of dumb comments!

It's patently obvious that it is replacing Windows 7, because for the moment the only way Windows 8 can be sold is by being installed on desktop computers (in the buzzworded post-PC era, hurr durr). Because there are no mobile Windows 8 devices at the moment at all. Windows RT, on the other hand, is solely for mobile devices and will not see being installed on desktop computers ever.

Windows 8 is desktop OS. Always has been, always will be. What folks were telling to your thick heads is that it's made to look like mobile OS, to reduce the interface gap between form factors, to unify experience. What effect it has had - to each their own. It's exactly why I don't read these threads - because nobody does, simply feeling obligated to either agree with one side or the other depending on the overall "like" or "don't".

Now the statistic in question does not differentiate between Windows 8 and Windows RT (does it even include RT at all?). They are made to look the same, but they are not the same thing, and that's what this thread was meant to be about before you all took over with senseless yammering about how Windows 8 is the Golden Obama Jesus The Third The Mighty.

This is the kind of people that makes me think world needs another holocaust or two. Same bullsh*t in every thread and feeling like some big goddamn heroes, too. Who the f* said anything about not enjoying Windows 8 so as to warrant that kind of dumb comments!

It's patently obvious that it is replacing Windows 7, because for the moment the only way Windows 8 can be sold is by being installed on desktop computers (in the buzzworded post-PC era, hurr durr). Because there are no mobile Windows 8 devices at the moment at all. Windows RT, on the other hand, is solely for mobile devices and will not see being installed on desktop computers ever.

WTF???

there aren't any windows 8 mobile devices? Samsung ativ smart pc, ativ smartpc pro, asus vivotab, vivotab smart, taichi, transformer book, all the acer iconia tablets. these are not RT but full blow windows 8 on intel processors. And windows 8 has everything Windows RT has,so IT IS running on desktop computers as well. The only difference is that RT doesn't run x86 apps because these devices use ARM cpus.

Windows 8 is desktop OS. Always has been, always will be. What folks were telling to your thick heads is that it's made to look like mobile OS, to reduce the interface gap between form factors, to unify experience. What effect it has had - to each their own. It's exactly why I don't read these threads - because nobody does, simply feeling obligated to either agree with one side or the other depending on the overall "like" or "don't".

its a desktop OS, yet its being sold on tablets? With a touch friendly UI,and touch friendly games and apps. It works great on desktops and tablets,and is built for BOTH. You cant be serious in saying that its made to look like a mobile OS,you just cant.

Now the statistic in question does not differentiate between Windows 8 and Windows RT (does it even include RT at all?). They are made to look the same, but they are not the same thing, and that's what this thread was meant to be about before you all took over with senseless yammering about how Windows 8 is the Golden Obama Jesus The Third The Mighty.

Why should it be differentiated? You can't differentiate it anyways. Windows 8 has everything Windows RT has, so if you're using x86 windows 8 on a Samsung tablet without ever using the desktop, what makes you different than someone using an RT tablet? They are basically functioning the exact same way.

And it is not only made to look the same. Its not like its a CE kernel with the modern UI slapped on top. They share the same kernel,the same software framework and stack like WinRT, and the most of the apps in the windows store run on RT and 8.

By the way, you guys were so convinced that when people see the modern UI, they will stick to windows 7. Nobody would want it, they said. Now all of a sudden when windows 8 is selling massively you want to differentiate between RT and 8 because you cant accept the fact that people are liking it and you were wrong. The people behind the MetroTwit app in the windows store recently said they just passed their 100,000th download. These were all WindowsRT device downloads right? right?????

I think its time for you and others to accept the facts and stop with these excuses and nonsense.

It appears to me that you're looking at deliberately skewed statistics and assuming that they mean more than they do. Look at the same figures for markets where they actually compete like tablets and I wager the stats would look a bit different.

That comparing stats of desktop OS vs mobile OS is bag-of-hammers dumb sensationalist bullshyte, at least well until Surface Pro and Pro tablets appear en masse. Windows RT, on the other hand...

Actually, no it isn't. Android isn't designed to be used on desktops, full stop. What a product is marketed for is very important, and if you compared like for like and only looked at tablets I'd wager the figures would be different. The argument that you're making would be something akin to telling a person looking for a corporate jet for their small business that they'd be better off with a Boeing 737 because it sells in such big numbers.

Tell that to Android/Apple hipsters who have been comparing phone+tablet sales trends(increasing) to PC sales trends(flat, PC is dead etc.) and then include everyone on the post-PC bandwagon.

I guess it's ok to compare Android tablets (if people actually buy them) to PCs when the stats are in favor, right?

wait... WHAT??? people were bitching that windows 8 is a tablet and mobile only OS,and nobody is going to use it on the desktop.

then these stats come out and now all of a sudden, you cant compare apples to oranges because windows 8 is a desktop OS?

that is the funniest thing I've heard.

guess what? windows 8 is a damn success and all you haters have no more excuses. the market is speaking and you guys are acting like babies.

according to these stats, in less than a month, windows 8 should over take ios web presence as well.

surprise, windows 8 has arrived,and all other platforms are beginning to become irrelevant. enjoy

this!

bad comparison android isn't a desktop OS and how would you differentiate windows 8 desktop from windows 8 tablets if you just call it "windows 8"

How do differentiate between Android smartphones and Android cheapo dumbphones that can barely make phone calls when Google counts everything under umbrella "ONE GAZILLION ACTIVATIONS A DAY"?

I am in India right now and a good majority of phones soid here are AndroidSamsung that stil run Android 2.3 and cost between INR 4000-11,000 (~$90-$200) - unlocked, no concept of contract here.

So yesterday at work one of the guys in the IT department found me said they tried Windows 8. I braced myself, expecting to hear something really negative, but it turns out he loves it. Now that doesn't necessarily mean they're going to deploy it.. they're actually in the middle of getting us all up to Windows 7, but it's a good thing to hear.