Low memory for CIV 5 in a high memory system? o.O

I have only come across this issue recently with Civilization 5 (through Steam) where the game would crash followed by an explorer crash and warnings that there is not enough memory in the system to run the game. I don't understand this considering I have not had issues for over a year on this system.

Here are my system specs:

post-183823-0-91700700-1352350457.png

post-183823-0-27483300-1352350466.png

What could possibly be causing this issue? I have done all the necessary updates for ALL components. Any input would be appreciated to troubleshoot the problem.

Link to GPU: http://www.msi.com/p...er-Edition.html

Thats odd. I suppose it could be that the game is running out of memory allocated to it if its not LAA (Sins of a Solar Empire does this occasionally), but that wouldn't really explain the explorer crash.

2GB is in the "minimum requirements", meaning that it is playable, but not on high settings. That RAM may be what is hurting you.

Edit: could have more programs running in the background than you had before. Add anything recently?

Some older games require the microsoft game software (gfwlive) to be installed. Fallout3 crashes without it (in Windows 8 anyway, I cannot remember if that was necessary in Windows 7, but I think it was).

Scratch that... I just fired up Civ V from Steam on my Windows 8 machine... worked fine. Even has new options for Windows 8 touch screen in the startup!! :D

try this

Civilization V Low Memory Problem

Civilization V Crashes on low memory CPU on HD video or big maps. You can fix it by lowering the graphics settings. If not work, change the value in the config(ini) file, "HideOutOfVRamWarning"

to 1 may remove this error message.