• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#61 Kriz

Kriz

Neowinian Senior

• 8,432 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 15 November 2012 - 14:55

Played it wednesday night for an hour or so, zombies mode is pretty good just need to learn the map.. Absolutely loved the nuketown 2025 map, awesome graphics, havnt played it all that much to have a full review about it but ill definitely be playing it more later on!

#62 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,437 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 15:25

Playing through the campaign before I touch MP and Zombies, as with any game I buy. (Halo of course was campaign, spec ops 1, mp :) )

#63 2xSilverKnight

2xSilverKnight

Neowinian Master

• 2,088 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 18:03

Awesome graphics ??? You have pretty low standards ...

#64 Kriz

Kriz

Neowinian Senior

• 8,432 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 15 November 2012 - 18:14

Not particularly, you're clearly expecting way more than you're going to get.

You got pretty high standards. Works both ways mate.

#65 2xSilverKnight

2xSilverKnight

Neowinian Master

• 2,088 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 18:15

Not particularly, you're clearly expecting way more than you're going to get. High standards? Works both ways mate.

Not really, it's still the ID tech 4 engine. But I must admit they are making a good job to keeping it alive

#66 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

• 13,947 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 19:16

Not really, it's still the ID tech 4 engine. But I must admit they are making a good job to keeping it alive

Actually it's ID tech 3 based, which is even more insane if you think about it.

#67 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 13 years on Neowin

• 20,192 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 15 November 2012 - 20:01

Actually it's ID tech 3 based, which is even more insane if you think about it.

Not quite, but I know what you mean.

#68 +Livin in a box

Livin in a box

Oh man. I shot Marvin in the face.

• 2,500 posts
  • Phone: HTC One M8

Posted 15 November 2012 - 23:02

I actually find it quite strange how this thread isn't bustling with people playing it together and whatnot. Usually, this thread is hundreds of pages long, but now it's a bit like it's not even released!

Are there any sales figures out yet for BOII? I can't help but think that this has maybe gone down sales wise by quite a bit compared to Modern Warfare 3, I haven't seen a lot of people talking about it like I have the other Call of Duty's :/

#69 Matrix XII

Matrix XII

System F

• 10,465 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:37

I can't even play the game right now. There's a problem of some sort where certain ISP's can get online. I can't connect to BOP2 online services right now. Haven't been able to all day, there's a support thread going on the activision forums right now there are lots of people having the same problem.

#70 Order_66

Order_66

Neowinian

• 1,455 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:47

I am curious have they ever went back to using dedicated multiplayer servers? I haven't bought any of the CoD games for a couple of years because of the lack of dedicated servers but I might be into getting this one if there's dedicated, I searched but the info I got back said they were both dedicated and player hosted so I'm not really sure what the answer is lol

#71 AWilliams87

AWilliams87

Neowinian

• 807 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:50

This game is garbage. Graphics looks cartoonish when compared to Modern warfare or even Halo 4. Sounds are terrible. Even the gameplay (player movements) seems unrealistic. I sold it a day after I bought it.

I am curious have they ever went back to using dedicated multiplayer servers? I haven't bought any of the CoD games for a couple of years because of the lack of dedicated servers but I might be into getting this one if there's dedicated, I searched but the info I got back said they were both dedicated and player hosted so I'm not really sure what the answer is lol

No dedicated servers. My third game in I was 15-1 and the noob game host decides to rage quit, ending the session.

#72 Boz

Boz

Neowinian Senior

• 7,455 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:47

Graphics looks cartoonish when compared to Modern warfare or even Halo 4.

cartoonish compared to Halo 4?!?! bwahahahahahahha.... gasp.... bwaaaahahahah... Halo 4 is the most cartoon like out of all modern shooters. You are clearly talking out of your ass.

#73 AWilliams87

AWilliams87

Neowinian

• 807 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:07

cartoonish compared to Halo 4?!?! bwahahahahahahha.... gasp.... bwaaaahahahah... Halo 4 is the most cartoon like out of all modern shooters. You are clearly talking out of your ass.

The difference is Halo is a sci-fi shooter. Yet despite this, it still beats out Blacks ops (both 1 and 2) graphically. I cannot believe anyone can be impressed with it. The gameplay animations are just as bad. I didn't even bother to play the single player this year because of the lack of improvement. Halo, it appears, has a is far superior engine behind it.

The Modern Warfare series is also more impressive than Black ops series. Had MW3 been a Treyarch game, came out after Black ops 2 and been called Black ops 3, I would have thought it been a huge step up.

#74 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,725 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:14

What are you talking about?, Halo 4 isn't cartoon like at all.

None of these shooters have "cartoony" art direction.

#75 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,005 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 16 November 2012 - 14:09

What are you talking about?, Halo 4 isn't cartoon like at all.

None of these shooters have "cartoony" art direction.

The little midget things running around making funny noises? Guys in super space suits? The brighter color palette. Those elements are absolutely cartoon like.