iPhone backup into a different PC

Hi All

I was wondering if its possible to backup my iPhone 4 on my Mac's itunes and then transfer the backup file to my Windows 7 PC, and use the Windows version of itunes to restore the backup to my new IPhone 5?

The latest version of itunes won't run on my mac because I haven't got Snow Leopard, I have ordered an upgrade disc for ?14 from Apple but delivery is within 2 Weeks :/

I don't want to wait that long to use my iPhone 5 :(

Please can someone help me?

Xx

Hi All

I was wondering if its possible to backup my iPhone 4 on my Mac's itunes and then transfer the backup file to my Windows 7 PC, and use the Windows version of itunes to restore the backup to my new IPhone 5?

The latest version of itunes won't run on my mac because I haven't got Snow Leopard, I have ordered an upgrade disc for ?14 from Apple but delivery is within 2 Weeks :/

I don't want to wait that long to use my iPhone 5 :(

Please can someone help me?

Xx

snow leopard??? why don't you get the latest Mountain Lion or one before that Lion... and can you even buy snow leopard anymore??? wow

and you can buy OSX digitally...

and no you can't move backup to other computer... at least from what I have known.

My understanding is that yes you can do so.

Copy from:

~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup

To: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

(I think those are the paths)

If you want to transfer your songs and playlists to your windows computer, copy the whole iTunes folder and import the library xml file.

However, why not just plug in your 4 into your windows computer, back it up there, unplug it, plug in the 5 and restore the backup?

EDIT: 3rd option: use icloud to backup your phone instead

Thank you for that :)

If I plug my iPhone upto my itunes on my windows pc it will wipe it before it can sync? That's what it warns me about anyway

Also I never use my old mac laptop, I used it to setup my iPhone years ago and haven't plugged it in since, the MacBook is so old if doesn't support mountain lion lol

However, why not just plug in your 4 into your windows computer, back it up there, unplug it, plug in the 5 and restore the backup?

EDIT: 3rd option: use icloud to backup your phone instead

This

Thank you for that :)

If I plug my iPhone upto my itunes on my windows pc it will wipe it before it can sync? That's what it warns me about anyway

Also I never use my old mac laptop, I used it to setup my iPhone years ago and haven't plugged it in since, the MacBook is so old if doesn't support mountain lion lol

Don't sync it - choose no to sync.

Then within itunes, right click the iphone icon with the 'user's iphone' name in the left and choose 'back up'

Oh. Thank you for that, i didnt realise you could do that! You saved me a hell of alot of stress!

Ill give this a go tomorrow :)