Watch For Microsoft To Acquire Nokia, Nvidia

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

• 14,047 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:20

Why the **** would MS buy Nvidia only to shutdown manufacturing Video cards for PCs? :|

I never said they would stop manufacturing video cards for PCs. However, if MS owned Nvidia, AMD would be the only real dedicated PC video card manufacturer out there. Nvidia would be doing hardware for MS products obviously and while this doesn't necessarily mean no PC hardware, it just screams of a disaster for PC gamers to me.

#17 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:44

I never said they would stop manufacturing video cards for PCs. However, if MS owned Nvidia, AMD would be the only real dedicated PC video card manufacturer out there. Nvidia would be doing hardware for MS products obviously and while this doesn't necessarily mean no PC hardware, it just screams of a disaster for PC gamers to me.

That makes no sense at all.

#18 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 10,713 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:56

They should buy both and merge them into Nvidokia

#19 vetScorpus

Scorpus

Tim Schiesser

• 1,376 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:00

Microsoft won't buy either of these companies. They've proved with the Surface that they are perfectly capable of building good mobile hardware by themselves and they could easily build a phone without Nokia on-board.

As for NVIDIA well I doubt any current NVIDIA board would approve a buyout by Microsoft.

#20 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,405 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:01

That makes no sense at all.

Makes tons of sense, if they are making hardware for the boss MS, then they will a bit busy to push the retail market

#21 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:09

Makes tons of sense, if they are making hardware for the boss MS, then they will a bit busy to push the retail market

Nvidia isn't a company of 10 people. They are capable of doing more than one thing at a time.

Man, you guys are dense.