Do you still use a phone book?

Do you still use a phone book?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still use a phone book?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

I recently got 2 new phone books in the mail. Which got me thinking..... when was the last time I actually used one. I usually just find someones number on the internet.

• 4 weeks later...

Straight into recycling for me!

Even if I never used it I wouldn't just throw it away, assumption is the mother of all **** ups, I have a sat nav in my car, but I still have a road map.

I use them because I do not have a smart phone so when the internet drops or the power is out I can still look up numbers. One of the reasons we still have a land-line is the fact that it works when the power is out.

Nope, I unsubscribed and don't receive them anymore either.

I suggest that everyone who does still receive them but never uses them or just throws them away to search on the website for the company that provides the books for a way to unsubscribe. Those books are usually huge and a gigantic waste of paper.

I mean, think of the trees.

sad+trees.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I find it ridiculous that these companies are wasting resources when the Net has made the phone book almost obsolete.

In short, no It goes straight to recycling.

The Phone company is killing trees for nothing.

It's not just "the phone company"... take a look at who's name is on your last several phone books. I get a few per year from different groups.

Nope - never used them anymore, lol.

Either threw them away or went to recycling.