Bebionic3 - The World's Most Advanced Prosthetic Limb

A father who lost his arm in an accident six years ago has been given a new lease of life by a hi-tech bionic hand which is so precise he can type again. Nigel Ackland, 53, has been fitted with the Terminator-like carbon fibre mechanical hand which he can control with movements in his upper arm.

Obviously, I would be VERY interested to arm wrestle this guy knowing that if he broke my arm off, I could get this sweet robot replacement.
  • Like 1

A couple of years ago, Bebionic gave us a peek at what the future of prosthetic limbs might look like. Now the company has improved the device's design and function and the result is simply astounding.

The Bebionic3 is a myoelectric prosthetic hand that uses residual neuro-muscular signals from your muscles to operate a number of precise functions. To see the hand in action is to immediately recall the scene in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back in which Luke Skywalker examines his new robotic hand after losing it to Darth Vader. The hand is about as realistic and functional as the one in the film, with the ability to write with pen, delicately hold glasses and bottles, and even crack eggs.

Featuring a range of 14 hand positions and grips, the Bebionic3 is also offered with a skin-tone glove that approximates the appearance of a real hand. You can see patient Nigel Ackland using the Bebionic3 prosthetic hand in the video below.

Source

Pretty awesome, it's amazing how well he can control it. However as a male I'm left with one question on my mind... :rofl:

There are bionic arms and brain-machine interfaces in development even more advanced than this.

Then there is the DARPA (DoD mad science lab) project that would allow the salamander-like re-growing of limbs after amputation. It entered Phase 2 development last year after new limb buds were grown on small mammals.

There are bionic arms and brain-machine interfaces in development even more advanced than this.

Then there is the DARPA (DoD mad science lab) project that would allow the salamander-like re-growing of limbs after amputation. It entered Phase 2 development last year after new limb buds were grown on small mammals.

lol, that's a good way of describing DARPA

I wonder how skilled one could be come in masterbating with that. Hope there's a warm skin glove for it.

I would become the perfect weapon.

You mean to say you're not already?