Neowin's 'Club Orange' - a dying breed?

I can't help but notice the diminishing number of orange badges on the forum. What are people's reason for it? Lack of an incentive? Problems with how the site is run? Lack of money? Inquiring minds want to know.

As for myself, there are personal reasons I'm not going to divulge because of which I haven't re-subscribed.

I won my orange badge through a competition run on the site :). I don't know if I'd renew it because I don't see any advantages other than the orange badge! Perhaps if our feedback was actively encouraged and used to influence future news articles and site direction it would be more worthwhile.

I won my sub a while back which ran out Sept last year. After the year "taster" I saw no reason to resub which is why I didn't. I miss the special forum though :)

I won my sub a while back which ran out Sept last year. After the year "taster" I saw no reason to resub which is why I didn't. I miss the special forum though :)

There's a special forum?

Which is the orange badge? I've just checked my membership and there are no upgrade options - I'm paying the $28 per annum.

You must have chosen to be a silent Tier 2a (Anonymous) subscriber which doesn't include the badge.

Also, what features would you like to see being exclusive to Subscribers?

As a Linux user, I often feel like kind of an outcast. It's not the fault of anybody running the site, the fact is that this is a site that is focused largely around Microsoft and its products, and I'm not one of those guys who thinks Bill Gates is the anti-christ and that Microsoft is destroying the world, but I tend to swing by here once and a while to post about a gun of mine or to see if DocM has posted anything about his guns, and then I move on to other forums with information that is more relevant to my OS of choice.

I won my badge through competition. I really dont visit special forum, but will renew my subscription when this one ends.

Mines is lack of cash right now through buying loads of stuff as was renovating the house and now baby on the way

but once it settles down i might do it

But as above says there is no real advantage to it apart from supporting the site and no ads

Loss of interest and lack of time for me but it is not limited to Neowin, it is my entire interest on Internet services that have taken big hits: XBox Live, Star Trek Online

After 8 years, my centers of interest changed and, from time to time, I like to isolate myself from the Internet madness, reading a book, watching movies on the couch.

After that, the only reason I had to be a Subscriber was to get rid of the ads. I understand the cost of running the site and I am paranoid of the ads provider: that is just a way to screw a computer up.

When I get a pop-up stating that Neowin.net is conducting a survey, I certainly do not click on that.

In the end, I should resubscribe

competition and the lack of ads (specially on mobile ads annoy the hell outta me on mobile) and it's a pretty cool place would make me renew .... if neobond promises to feed the server hampsters better!!!!

• Like 3

Maybe they should make a Neowin app for orange people.

Totally.... but what about purple people and cats?

I'd love to subscript but I can't with paypal? :s

why cant you with paypal

paypal is the option it gives me

I won my badge through competition. I really dont visit special forum, but will renew my subscription when this one ends.

I was given my badge for an Xmas Neobond dancing video :p

I've been a subscriber for 2 years, now. When the end of December rolls around, I'll be getting my Sub2 :)