Third Party Visual Styled Not Working Completely

After using the Universal Theme Patcher on my new laptop (running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1) it seems that 3rd party visual styles/themes are not being applied to all applications, or in some cases only partially applied. I'm using the Gaia09 visual style, but this happens with any visual style I use, including the standard Aero style.

I've attached an image to show what I mean. On the left is Google Chrome with the Open dialog box opened. Except for the back/forward buttons in the location bar, it appears that the VS is being applied completely. On the right is Notepad++. The window frames around the main application and the Open dialog are using the VS, but the interior elements are not - they look like they're using the Classic theme. System-wide, this seems to be the case with many applications: they're either completely styled, or only their window borders and min/max/close buttons are being styled.

I've tried using the Universal Theme Patcher to patch both 64-bit and 32-bit system files. I've also tried the UxStyle Core service, and even TuneUp Utilities' built-in 3rd party theme support. After multiple patching and restoring attempts, I ran SFC /scannow to replace any affected system files, rebooted, repatched, etc. still without any luck.

I'd appreciate any help!

post-186066-0-45941200-1352466160.jpg

you call that the classic elements problem ^^

the dialog on the right side is coded to use the windows 2000 style instead of the aero style, this is a decision by the coder of the application.

Edit: seems it doesn't use windows 2000 style on my notepad++, you sure that you have the latest version of notepad++?

Thanks for responding! I do have the latest version of Notepad++. The problem that I showed in the screenshot doesn't just apply to NP++, but it was just the easiest example I could give. I've attached another screenshot that shows a side-by-side comparison of my new system and old system. Almost every application on my new system uses the Windows 2000 style for open & save dialog boxes. Both systems have the same patched themeservice.dll, themeui.dll, uxtheme.dll and explorer.exe files in the right locations - I copied the ones from the old system over to me new one in an attempt to fix this.

I've also run sfc /scannow to replace any *corrupted* Windows files. After replacing the patched ones with the originals, even if I just use the built in Windows 7 Aero theme, many applications STILL use the Win 2000 style. This is driving me nuts!

post-186066-0-96080000-1352990173.jpg

This seems really weird :/

really this is the weirdest problem I've come across for a while >.>

Did you try system restore?(if everything else fails lol)