florida lasers job prospects

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,025 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 16:35

WINTER PARK, FL -- Tattoos can offer a veritable snapshot of a time when adulthood and responsibility seemed worlds away.

To some, the ink from a spring break or a late night whim is a badge of honor. To others, tattoos can be a constant reminder of the person one used to be.

That's why an increasing number of people are deciding to have them removed. Tattoo removal has never been easier, and businesses specializing in the laser procedure is booming.

A recent visit to Winter Park Laser on Fairbanks Boulevard saw patient after patient going under the laser to remove tattoos they got when they were younger and now regret.

Jennifer Calabrese, manager at Winter Park Laser, told Local 6 men and women are motivated to have ink removed for different reasons.

Men often have tattoos removed for job prospects such as government positions. Many women, on the other hand, are trying to change the image they have of themselves or convey to others.

The removal process can be a bit painful, so Calabrese recommends a local anesthetic.

As for price, Calabrese said a good rule of thumb is to add a zero to the price you originally paid for the art. A complete removal can typically take up to ten sessions, with each session lasting 25 minutes.

more

#2 Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

• 2,822 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 16:41

I've been told tattoo removal doesn't fully remove the tattoo, anyone know the truth to this?

#3 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

• 3,758 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 16:45

Glad that the tramp-stamp craze of the '00s is ending. It got to the point that finding an attractive 20-something girl who didn't have some meaningless symbol scrawled on her lower back or ankle was about as common as meeting a six-fingered albino dwarf.

#4 Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

• 2,822 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 16:57

Glad that the tramp-stamp craze of the '00s is ending. It got to the point that finding an attractive 20-something girl who didn't have some meaningless symbol scrawled on her lower back or ankle was about as common as meeting a six-fingered albino dwarf.

How do you know their tattoo's didn't have meaning?

#5 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• 5,387 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 09 November 2012 - 17:01

I've been told tattoo removal doesn't fully remove the tattoo, anyone know the truth to this?

Well it goes into your blood and I don't think a laser will remove all traces of it no, plus lasers are focused energy and 'burn', so I'd imagine it'd be red for a while and probably like people that get really tanned, where they've had clothes on sticks out to where they haven't had clothes on.

#6 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

• 3,758 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 17:02

How do you know their tattoo's didn't have meaning?

Ha ha ha

#7 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• 2,500 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 17:03

^THIS!! I don't like girls with tattoos.

#8 +LogicalApex

LogicalApex

Software Engineer

• 6,399 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 09 November 2012 - 17:13

Well it goes into your blood and I don't think a laser will remove all traces of it no, plus lasers are focused energy and 'burn', so I'd imagine it'd be red for a while and probably like people that get really tanned, where they've had clothes on sticks out to where they haven't had clothes on.

Into your blood? What does? Tattoos don't go into your blood they go into the dermis layer of your skin...

#9 -Razorfold

-Razorfold

Neowinian Senior

• 9,810 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900 / Oneplus One

Posted 09 November 2012 - 17:28

Into your blood? What does? Tattoos don't go into your blood they go into the dermis layer of your skin...

Laser tattoo removal causes the ink to dissolve into your bloodstream.

#10 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 6,011 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 09 November 2012 - 17:31

Ha ha ha

They have meaning, if she has a dolphin or a star tattoo anywhere on her body, she's probably really easy.

#11 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,025 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 17:33

^THIS!! I don't like girls with tattoos.

I don't like anyone having tattoos ! :o

#12 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• 2,500 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 17:35

I don't like anyone having tattoos ! :o

Depends on the guy...some look like tools, some look cool and bad ass. (no Home)

#13 Marshall

Marshall

▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅

• 12,767 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 17:38

The tattoo itself will be removed, yes. But left behind, there will be significant scaring.

Tattoo removal is expensive and excruciatingly painful, I say just live with it. :)

#14 Haggis

Haggis

Neowinian Senior

• 2,630 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (i9305)

Posted 09 November 2012 - 17:40

People that get tattoos just to have a tattoo are idiots