14 posts in this topic

Posted

WINTER PARK, FL -- Tattoos can offer a veritable snapshot of a time when adulthood and responsibility seemed worlds away.

To some, the ink from a spring break or a late night whim is a badge of honor. To others, tattoos can be a constant reminder of the person one used to be.

That's why an increasing number of people are deciding to have them removed. Tattoo removal has never been easier, and businesses specializing in the laser procedure is booming.

A recent visit to Winter Park Laser on Fairbanks Boulevard saw patient after patient going under the laser to remove tattoos they got when they were younger and now regret.

Jennifer Calabrese, manager at Winter Park Laser, told Local 6 men and women are motivated to have ink removed for different reasons.

Men often have tattoos removed for job prospects such as government positions. Many women, on the other hand, are trying to change the image they have of themselves or convey to others.

The removal process can be a bit painful, so Calabrese recommends a local anesthetic.

As for price, Calabrese said a good rule of thumb is to add a zero to the price you originally paid for the art. A complete removal can typically take up to ten sessions, with each session lasting 25 minutes.

more

Posted

I've been told tattoo removal doesn't fully remove the tattoo, anyone know the truth to this?

Posted

Glad that the tramp-stamp craze of the '00s is ending. It got to the point that finding an attractive 20-something girl who didn't have some meaningless symbol scrawled on her lower back or ankle was about as common as meeting a six-fingered albino dwarf.

1 person likes this

Posted

Glad that the tramp-stamp craze of the '00s is ending. It got to the point that finding an attractive 20-something girl who didn't have some meaningless symbol scrawled on her lower back or ankle was about as common as meeting a six-fingered albino dwarf.

How do you know their tattoo's didn't have meaning?

Posted

I've been told tattoo removal doesn't fully remove the tattoo, anyone know the truth to this?

Well it goes into your blood and I don't think a laser will remove all traces of it no, plus lasers are focused energy and 'burn', so I'd imagine it'd be red for a while and probably like people that get really tanned, where they've had clothes on sticks out to where they haven't had clothes on.

Posted

How do you know their tattoo's didn't have meaning?

Ha ha ha

Posted

^THIS!! I don't like girls with tattoos.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well it goes into your blood and I don't think a laser will remove all traces of it no, plus lasers are focused energy and 'burn', so I'd imagine it'd be red for a while and probably like people that get really tanned, where they've had clothes on sticks out to where they haven't had clothes on.

Into your blood? What does? Tattoos don't go into your blood they go into the dermis layer of your skin...

1 person likes this

Posted

Into your blood? What does? Tattoos don't go into your blood they go into the dermis layer of your skin...

Laser tattoo removal causes the ink to dissolve into your bloodstream.

Posted

Ha ha ha

They have meaning, if she has a dolphin or a star tattoo anywhere on her body, she's probably really easy.

2 people like this

Posted

^THIS!! I don't like girls with tattoos.

I don't like anyone having tattoos ! :o

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't like anyone having tattoos ! :o

Depends on the guy...some look like tools, some look cool and bad ass. (no Home)

Posted

The tattoo itself will be removed, yes. But left behind, there will be significant scaring.

Tattoo removal is expensive and excruciatingly painful, I say just live with it. :)

Posted

People that get tattoos just to have a tattoo are idiots

2 people like this